23. Why Wuv Woo Wukas/Esse! (Very Young Lukesse)

A/N I misspelled Jesse and Lukas on purpose. In this context, Lukas and Jesse are four months old. Lukas is 39 seconds older than Jesse.

[Jesse]

I reached my arms out to mommy who was rubbing my nose with her finger, I let out a little giggle.

"Who's my little girl? Who's my little girl?" She kept stroking my nose and my tinier hands held her hand.

Someone laid a little boy in the crib next to me. He turned to look at me, and I was immediately swoon by his magnificent blue eyes and his sleek blond hair. I couldn't talk yet, but I made loud moaning sounds in an attempt to communicate with him. He cooed back at me. I caught sight of a sheet of paper taped onto his crib, which read

Carter, Lukas
07-07-2001 15:42:16
Percentile: 30th.

I saw that his name was Lukas, and that his parents were chatting to mine about us two. My lips tried to say his name properly, but what came out were indistinct mutters.

"Is Jesse trying to say something to Lukas?"

"Wukas!"

The moment I heard mommy say 'Lukas', this exited my mouth in my best attempt to say Lukas. Everybody gasped.

"Did Jesse just, speak?" Daddy gasped, before hugging mommy tightly and hopping about in excitement. "Hooray! Jesse just spoke!"

"Wukas!" I squealed in delight, giggling.

"Esse!"

The boy cried out after eyeing my tag which read

Taylor, Jesse
07-07-2001 15:42:55
Percentile: 29th

"Lukas spoke as well!" His mommy and daddy began to dance as well.

"Say Lukas..." mommy began to tease me again. I immediately yelled

"Wukas!"

"And say Jesse..." his mommy stroked his cute nose, and he immediately squealed

"Esse!"

We both stared at each other's eyes, and giggled. Then we yelled our names again.

"Wukas!"

"Esse!"

And we smiled at each other.

"Oh Jesse?" Mommy cooed, making me squeal again. "Can you say I love you mommy?" I fixed her an innocent stare, then squealed

"Why wuv woo Wukas! (meaning 'I love you Lukas!' in babyish language)" Everybody gasped.

"She really meant that?" Daddy murmured to Lukas' mommy.

"Why wuv woo Wukas! Why wuv woo Wukas!" I kept squealing, making Lukas giggle.

"Did you really mean that?" Mommy asked me with her cute voice. "Yes or no?"

"Yes!" I did not know what yes or no meant so I said the first word. "Yes why wuv woo Wukas!"

"Aw! That's so cute! You little bundle of joy."

"Why- why wuv- wuv woo Esse!" Lukas cooed back, making everybody gasp in even more shock. His daddy picked him up and bobbed him up and down, making his soft blond hair fly about and making him grin and laugh. Mommy did the same to me, except I laid my head on her shoulder as she gently bobbed me up and down.

"Hold hands." She suggested, holding my hand out to Lukas. He awkwardly stretched his tiny arm out, and our fingers intertwined, we both smiled and giggled.

"Why wuv woo- why wuv woo Wukas..."

"Why wuv woo Esse!"

"I think I'm gonna faint..." the doctor said, overcome by what just happened.

"They're going to be such good friends!" Mommy said, tickling my nose.

"I'm sure they will, In sure they will..." said his daddy. "Lukas and Jesse. Hmm..."

"Lukesse?" Mommy suggested as a couple name.

"Wuwesse!" I squealed.

"Wuwesse!" Lukas squealed in turn.

This made our parents double over, but I didn't take my eyes off his deep blue ones, and his off my emerald eyes.

-Present day-

"Remember our first words, Lukas?" I said, holding him close to me. He chuckled.

"Why wuv woo, Esse." I burst into laughter then gently smacked his hand.

"Why wuv woo, Wukas."

A/N Here's another one from my original one-shot book (until I made the decision to remake it). Welcome to your new home!