19. 'Love' At First Sight (Very Young Jetra)

Sequel to Our New Family

A/N Jesse and Petra are four months old. Jess and Jessica are two different people.

[No POV]

"Now how did that happen?" laughed Lukas, tickling the tiny redheaded girl's nose and making her squeal. Then he looked up at her parents Tom and Jessica, snuggling on the couch. "Somehow you've made a child with red hair, and you're both brunettes!"

"Hair isn't entirely genetic, you know," commented Jessica. "Besides, I think it's pretty cute."

"Yeah, she is," added Jess, cradling her four-month-old son Jesse, who was peacefully sleeping. "Lukas, he's dreaming... ssh..."

"Maybe he's dreaming about his mommy..." whispered Lukas, kissing Jess's cheek and Jesse's soft skinned forehead. "I could never be any happier ever since this little bundle of joy came out, they grow up so fast..."

"Very," Tom added.

Mmmmmmmm......

Everyone heard some soft moaning coming from someone in the room. Tom stared at Jessica while Lukas and Jess exchanged glances.

"That wasn't you was it?" everyone asked simultaneously. "No" was everyone's immediate answer.

Mmmmmmmmm......

Jess suddenly felt something in her arms was moving. She looked down and sighed in relief upon noticing that Jesse was slowly waking up from his nap. The young boy opened his eyes and yawned stretching his little arms out. Jess, overjoyed to see her son's face again, excitedly shook Lukas.

"Look! He's awake!" The blond rubbed the tiredness in his eyes and he too was filled with joy when he saw little Jesse, awake and his soft green eyes shimmering at him.

"If it isn't my adorable little man!" Lukas took Jesse from Jess's arms and gently laid him down on his lap, playfully pinching his tiny nose, while Jesse tried to slap him on the cheek.

"Aw he's adorable!" squealed Jessica. "Petra, look! You have a new friend!" Petra stared at Jessica inquisitively before turning round to face Jesse and Lukas playing around. She took an immediate liking of him and called out to him. But since she couldn't speak, she made moaning sounds.

Lukas noticed Petra calling out to them, but he knew she was trying to get Jesse's attention, so he stopped pinching his nose and asked Jesse to turn and look at Petra.

"Jesse, I think that little girl over there wants to speak to you," said Lukas, pointing at Petra. Jesse followed the direction of Lukas's finger and soon, the toddlers caught each other in their gazes. And just as Petra did to Jesse, Jesse took an immediate liking of her and couldn't take his eyes off her mellow brown eyes for even a split second.

Ehhhhhhh... moaned Jesse in an attempt to speak to Petra.

Ah-gooooooooo... went Petra's response.

"Are they trying to talk to each other?" inquired Tom, sitting up and observing the toddlers' behaviour.

The exchange of odd moaning noises continued for at least three minutes, and Tom was already convinced that Jesse was indeed trying to talk to Petra (even though it sounds more like moaning and gurgling).

Then Jesse did something which amazed everybody.

He slowly held his hand out to Petra. Even though the distance between them was too big, Petra copied his actions and held her hand out to Jesse. Lukas was awestruck while Jess couldn't hold in her excitement.

"Do they like each other?" asked Tom, feeling stupid about asking the question.

Ehhh... ehhhhhh... warbled Jesse, trying to reach further out to Petra. Petra thought Jesse's noises were funny, so she giggled excitedly and tried reaching further out to Jesse in response. Interestingly enough, it took the others ages to figure out that they were trying to hold hands.

Lukas took pity on his son and moved so he sat next to Jessica so now the toddlers could reach each other. They started aimlessly slapping each others hands and kicking their legs around, much to the amusement of everybody else.

"They'll make such an adorable couple!" commented Jess, moving over to sit next to Lukas.

"You wanna hold his hand?" Jessica cooed in Petra's ear. "Here, let me help you." She took Petra's tiny hand and held it out for Jesse to take. Jesse tried to grasp her fingers, but he kept missing and instead ended up 'high-fiving' her. Lukas wanted to help him, but he was too busy enjoying himself from watching Jesse playing around.

Soon, Lukas got bored and finally decided to help Jesse, but mostly because Jess pressured him to otherwise she'd repeatedly punch him on the shoulder and snap do it until he did.

"Hahaha, okay buddy I'll help you," Lukas took Jesse's hand and brought it closer to Petra's. Neither of them showed any hesitation or shyness, leading Jessica to deduce that they did like each other. "Come on, come on, not much farther now Jesse."

"Okay Petra, reach as far as you can!"

Slowly and slowly, their little hands came into contact, and their fingers intertwined with each other, now their hands were connected. Jesse seemed to enjoy holding Petra's warm hand, and Petra felt the same way, the two giggled and gazed deep into each others eyes, nothing else was on their mind but each other, and they were certainly enjoying themselves. The others did nothing which could ruin their moment, they just sat and watched the romance happen.

"So cute!" squealed Jess, ending up fainting on the ground.

"I-I-I think I'm gonna- ~eeeehhh..." droned Tom before fainting as well. Neither of the two toddlers noticed that their parents had fainted, they were too busy losing themselves in each others eyes and tightening their grip on each others hands.

"They'll be perfect for each other, don't you think?" said Lukas to Jessica. The brunette nodded and the blond grinned at her, then they continued to watch their children bond, or maybe even, develop their feelings for each other. "Jesse and Petra, hmm..."

Eeehhhhh... eeehhhh phbtttttt......

Eeh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

A/N Young love is adorable isn't it?