5. Girlfwend (Very Young Lukesse)

Lukas/Wukas and Jesse/Esse are 3 years old. Misspellings are done ON PURPOSE for comic effect.

[Wukas]

I think Esse is weally cute. She is vewy kind and vewy pwetty as well. Mommy says I have a cwush on Esse, I don't know what a cwush is.

"Okay kids! Who wants a cookie?" said Mrs. Dwummond (Drummond) holding a tway of chocowate cookies. Evewyone gwabbed a cookie, but there were no more for Esse, and now she is cwying. So I gave mine to her.

"Here Esse, want my cookie?" I offered it to Esse.

"Weally? Thank you Wukas!" She squeawed, taking the cookie and hugging me. Esse is just vewy kind.

"You're welcome!" I repwied.

Now it was naptime, which was vewy bowing! I gwabbed a carpet and piwwow and went to sweep. But when I saw Esse, all awone and by herself, I picked up my carpet and piwwow and lay next to Esse.

"You were wonewy so I moved here." I said, and Esse smiled.

"You are vewy kind Wukas. Thank you again." she said, before going to sweep.

When I saw Mommy, she picked me up and gave me kissies all over my face. I wuv my Mommy vewy much.

"Bye Esse!" I squeawed when I saw Esse walking away with her Daddy. She turned around and said bye bye to me.

"Is that the girl you have a crush on?" Mommy said in a teasing voice.

"Mommy, what's a cwush?" I wanted to know vewy badwy.

"It's when you have feelings for someone. I think you like Jesse sweetie." I bwushed. I do like Esse, vewy much. "What I'm curious about is whether you like like her."

"Of course I like Esse!"

"But do you like like Jesse?" Mommy was being vewy annoying. How much can you like someone?

"Yes Mommy! I like Esse! Vewy much!" Mommy laughed woudwy before taking my hand and walking home.

I got out a piece of paper and some cowouwing pencils. Then I started dwawing a picture. When I was done, it was a picture of me and Esse holding hands on a hill, a small house to the right and the sky is bwue and the sun is bwight. In red letters, it says I WUV YOU JESSE!

"Hey my little rascal!" Suddenwy, a hand ruffled up my hair. It was Daddy, he had just come back fwom work. "Whatcha doing? And who's Jesse?" I quickwy covered the dwawing and bwushed.

"Um. Nobody!"

"Son?" he said in an intewwogating voice.

"No! Esse is no-one! Weally!" I shouted.

"Lukas? Do you have a girlfriend?" What is a girlfwend? I don't know. But it has 'girl' in it and Esse is a vewy good fwend, so I think she is my girlfwend.

"Yes! Esse is a girl and she's my fwend!" Daddy started laughing. "What? What's funny Daddy?!"

"Nothing, nothing, hahaha..." What is so funny? Esse is my fwend! "That's not what I mean ya numpty!" Daddy is making me feel embawassed.

"Honey? What's going on?" Mommy came upstairs to see us. "Is Daddy joking with you again?"

"He asked if I have a girlfwend, Esse is a girl and a good fwend, so yes I do!" Mommy then slapped Daddy on the shoulder.

"Tom! Seriously?" she said while Daddy just laughed. I quickly hid my dwawing and walked downstairs to watch TV.

Before I went to bed, Daddy came to see me.