26- Getting to Grace

Start from the beginning

The doctor walked over to Grace, and started looking her over. "Were you with her when this happened?"

"No, no I wasn't." Ethan says, shaking his head "I'm not sure what happened, I received a phone call from her work, saying they found her in the bathroom, on the ground passed out, and couldn't get her to open her eyes."

"Uh huh." he says. He then looked at Ethan, furrowing his eyebrows "Hmm... has there been anything going on with her recently? She doesn't appear to have been attacked."

"I know she's been sick; she was thinking she may have gotten food poisoning, claiming she ate something she never had before, and felt sick after that, but that was days ago."

"Alright, we'll run some tests, and get to the bottom of this." As the doctor was getting ready to walk out, he stopped, and turned around, looking at Ethan "Any possibility she could be pregnant?"

His question made Ethan's heart sink, and looked over at Grace "I'm- I'm not sure, she claims she's unable to have any kids, but I guess it could be a possibility if she were able to become pregnant."

"Alright, a nurse will be in soon, and we'll run some tests."

Ethan sat there looking at Grace, and started caressing her cheek, thinking about if she could possibly be pregnant, and thought about what she told him. A couple nurses came into the room to take Grace away for tests, and asked him to stay behind, letting him know they'll bring her back when they're done with all the tests.

He didn't know what to expect, what to think, or what to do. He wanted to call Sadie, and Antonio, and to let them know where Grace, but didn't want to ruin their vacation. He thought it would be better if he waited to see what the doctor had to say, before calling them. While waiting for them to bring her back into the room, he paced back and forth, praying she was OK.

An hour went by, and they still had Grace, running tests. He looked at the time, and leaned back in the chair rubbing his forehead This must not be good, he sighed, starting to feel sick to his stomach. He then started wondering if it was more than just food poisoning, and started thinking she may very well be pregnant after he did the math of when they first had sex. After a couple hours, they finally brought her back into the room, and noticed she was somewhat awake. When she saw Ethan sitting in the chair, she smiled "Fancy place to be seeing you here." she said quietly to him.

"The doctor will be in after he looks at the test results." The nurse explained. Ethan stepped over to Grace, and leaned down, kissing her on the lips.

"Tell me what happened, I'm very worried about you." he asked, choked up. He brought her hand up to his lips, and placed kisses on her fingers.

"I'm not sure what happened. I felt sick, and lightheaded, and went to the restroom, next thing I know, I'm in a room having tests done on me." Grace looked away, and looked at the machines hooked to her.

She felt her heart breaking, thinking everything was finally going well for her. She was finally able to open up to someone that showed her love, and respect, one who she had strong feelings for, and is now worried that her heart will be shattered with her being ill, and that she would lose him for good. "Maybe something is wrong with me, and that it was a mistake for me to fall in love with someone." she sighed, not wanting to look at him.

It hurt him hearing her talking that way, and hoped the doctor would hurry, and be in soon, to explain what was going on with her. "Grace don't talk that way, I'm not going anywhere, be positive for once."

Grace closed her eyes, and tried to rest, she was feeling sick to her stomach, and didn't want to think about it anymore. The doctor finally came in, saw Grace was asleep, and asked Ethan how she was doing, and feeling.