Chapter 21 ~ Four

*squeal* The FourTris feels!! 😍 I am actually pretty satisfied with this chapter - I like it. I hope you do too! Be sure to follow me and star if you like Fandom High!

It's quiet.

It's dark.

The tent is pitched.

The stars shine above.

Crickets are chirping.

I'm with the one I love.

~

Tris looks over my shoulder. "You're a poet, Tobias," she says softly, brushing a strand of hair from my eyes.

"I've never tried before," I say back.

She smiles, one hand on her rib. "Do it more. That poem was beautiful."

"Not as much as you," I whisper back.

Then she kisses me, and we lay in the company of each other for the night.

Our tent is pitched in Tris's backyard.

Caleb is at a friend's house, and her parents are away for their anniversary.

They left Tris to stay with their friend, which is Marcus.

I'm Marcus's child.

She turns, her back pressing against my stomach. I wrap my arms around her.

"Marcus is kind for letting me stay for the weekend. Your father is a kind person, Toby," Tris says as we lay on the sleeping bag.

"Kind?" I scoff, and I break our quiet chain.

I take off my shirt, and she gasps. The scars are there, from Marcus and his belt. She gently runs her hands over it.

My teeth clench and my eyes squeeze shut when she touches the newest one.

"Did... Did he do this to you?"

He. Marcus.

"Yes..."

~

"This is for your own good," Marcus snaps, taking the belt out of its loophole on his pants.

I wince as the belt comes smacking to my back, leaving a blood stained gash.

Marcus stops once I'm unconscious on the floor.

~

Tears slip down Tris's face as she listens to me tell her about Marcus.

"We should plan revenge on him!" she crosses then uncrosses her arms.

I bring her close to me, and her face is pressing against my chest.

"Stay brave," her muffled voice says.

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too."

"I love you three."

"I love you Four... Oh, I see what you did there."

She looks up at me, smiling, "We should camp here more often. We don't need a tent. I have a treehouse by my house."

I take her hand in mine, and she's still looking at the belt marks.

"Have you ever wondered about the future?" Tris asks me slowly.

"Of course. Hasn't everyone? We were always asked what we wanted to do as kids."

Tris smiles, thinking, "I always said I wanted to be a raven when I was little."

"Why?"

"Well, I can go anywhere I want, free of charge."

I laugh.

"I'll take you somewhere, then it'll be free of charge for you."

She crosses her arms and pouts. "But it'll cost YOU!"

We sit in silence, bathing the presence of each other.

"Come on," I tell her. I pull on her arm and we crawl out of the sleeping bag. "Marcus should be asleep."

She doesn't respond, but her eyes are gleaming with the idea of adventure.

I pull her into my black Porsche, and she gives me a pouty face again. "Are you kidnapping me?"

We both laugh.

I pull out of the driveway, and we arrive at the cemetery.

"Are there any ghosts?"

"I'll protect you," I whisper directly into her ear, sending shivers down her spine.

"This is my mom. Evelyn Johnson."

She looks toward the gravestone. "Hello, Ms. Johnson. I'm so lucky I have your son, and thank you for him."

She speaks a little more, telling Evelyn about herself and me. It's probably been one hour now. She's hugging her knees to her chest and she's sitting next to the gravestone, turning to it as if Evelyn were actually there.

"Yes, your son is a very good football player. I'm a cheerleader, and I cheer for him at games. But recently I had an accident. So now I have a sprained rib. Your son gives me hope, Ms. Johnson, and thank you again."

She stands up to leave, but a voice calls out to her in the distance.

"Tris, that was beautiful."

We both turn around to the voice, and there Evelyn is. Tris squeezes my hand, and I swear the blood circulation is stopping. Her knuckles and face are white.

I let go of her hand and walk up to Evelyn. "I thought you were dead! You left me alone with him! HIM!" I cry out.

"Tobias..."

I grab Tris's hand and we leave.

~

Marcus is waiting for us when we come back, slapping his belt in his wrist.

I wince as he brings it down to my back.

"This is for your own good," he hisses, lashing it down.

But I don't feel anything. All I sense is a small, frightful scream.

Tris. She took the whip for me.

OMGIZZLES... Tris took the whip... And her rib is already messed up... Will she be okay? Add this to your library for updates! 📝

*fangirls* FourTris... *sigh dreamily* 😍

Yeah, I know, the real personalities of the characters... 😑 I made them sort of like MY characters, okay? Though they're not. I may own this fanfiction, but I don't own any of the characters. The credit goes to Veronica Roth, J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, and Suzanne Collins. Please follow @riddikulusfan on Instagram! It's my Fandom Instagram. Thanks! 💕