Chapter 19 ~ Katniss

Yes. It's Katniss again. Deal with it. The Katniss is just too Katty... Lol that just sucked right over there...

Yes, I do realize I told Peeta I loved him.

Cause yes, I do.

But the fact about dating him?

I've heard Lauren doesn't lie. If she threatens to kill you, she means it.

I've mentioned this to Peeta, but he simply says, "I'll protect you."

Can he?

No he cannot.

At school, I may be safe with him around me.

But at home? There are so many dangers.

Lauren could kill me when I'm walking outside, she could climb through my bedroom window, she can blow up my house.

All the dangers...

But I said yes. I've put myself in danger.

~

I think about all this as I walk into practice on Monday.

Tris seems excited, as she's bouncing up and down with Christina.

"The next football game is NEXT MONDAY!" Christina screams.

"So Christina and I have formed a routine, and Piper has created a cheer. Piper, you may demonstrate," Tris steps aside, as Piper walks up.

"GO! FANDOM! BEST OF ALL!

THROW! HIKE! RUN FOR THE BALL!"

"That's one of them..."

"TOUCHDOWN! TIME TO DANCE!

TIME TO SHOW YOU OUR PRANCE!"

"That's another..."

"WE KNOW WHO'S BEST!

BE PROUD OF OUR FANDOM CREST!"

"One more..."

"OUR BOYS JUST SCORED!

YOU BETCHA THERE WILL BE MORE!"

"Simple, but cute," Christina says, standing up.

"Just practice with your partner for now. We don't want any mistakes." Tris is referring to last week. Silena and Marlene couldn't make it, so Lavender and Prim stepped in. Lavender dropped my sister, who now has a broken leg.

I go toward Frank, who's my partner. I step on his palm and he lifts me into the air. I do a toe touch, then he brings me down. Only Tris, Piper, Silena, Calypso, and Christina are allowed to leap.

After five minutes of this, Tris, Piper and Christina begin showing and explaining our routine.

The first part is easy. Then middle and ending are tricky.

I make a net with Hannah and Shauna, and Tris is hoisted into the air. She does a few tricks in the air, then leaps from Tyson. Tyson is Tris's partner not because she's heavy, it's because she's the most skilled and Tyson is really tall. Tris leaps into the net, does a toe touch, and the three of us fling her into the air, where she does three quick flips, and she lands in front of us.

It's truly amazing to see.

~

We're practicing again, but this time outside.

Frank puts me in the air, and I do my part of the routine.

He brings me safely down, and we form a pyramid.

Shauna, Marlene, Lynn, Annabeth on the bottom. Then Hannah, Ginny, and me. On top of us is Christina and Piper. Tris is ruling us on the top.

Frank and Tyson frame our pyramid by lifting Calypso and Silena, who do complex tricks, and then flip once as land.

Afterwards, they make a net, and Tris flips six times and lands. Piper and Christina each flip three, and they land, into the net and hop out of the way. The rest of us just roll of the pyramid. Then finally, Tris's moment.

But something looks wrong while Tyson lifts her...

She tumbles...

NOOOOO TRIS I LOVE YOU DON'T DIE ON ME JUST PLEASE NO! 😭