Chapter 24

Chris's POV

Day 24...I've been coming to the hospital everyday to see Aries. She's in the best condition she's been in this entire month. It was touch and go when she first got shot... but they got her back on track and addressed any other complications. What surprised me was that Algee had the audacity to sit in this room with us everyday. Today in particular he had the baby and was talking to him.

" You know I love ya mommy so much. I'd do anything for her" I sniffled a laugh and he looked at me

"Joke nigga?" He snapped at me. And my head snapped in his direction.

"You're a fucked up mothafucka you know that. Who cheats on their wife before they even get married? At their damn wedding? The day she gives birth to your day child and can still say he'd do anything for her" I growl at him and he starts chuckling.

"Last time I checked Chris, I fucked you up bc you cheated on her at her work place because you were having a downward spiral after your boss's death" he smirked causing a mug to grow on my face

"Different circumstances. I knew it was wrong and didn't continue to do it. I also didn't miss out on the birth of my son by choice" I spat back.

" Why can't you admit that we're one of the same?" I raised an eyebrow as he puts the baby in the car seat next to a sleeping Aries.

"Aries fell in love with both of us for a reason. Just the better version won. She is my wife. The mother of my son. I will continue to treat her as such until she personally hands me papers." He said in my face grilling me the I hear Aries cough than yawn a bit.

" Chris can you give me a minute alone with my husband please?" My heart shattered but I simply nodded and walked out leaving behind a smirking Algee.

Aries POV
I heard it all. I've made my choice and it will be carried out. I want the best life for me and my kids.

"Come sit babe" I pat the spot on the bed that's empty. He looks at me apologetically

"How are you feeling?" He asked kissing my hand

"Better than I felt since the first few weeks I've been here. You know Algee you really hurt me. Seeing you with Leyna, knowing that's why you missed out on so much time. It broke me" I croaked out. He frowned and looked down, shamefully

"I know. I'm beyond apologetic for my actions I just want to start over with you and–" I cut him off with a Good

I go into the little drawer next to my bed and put the papers on my little hospital table. He stares at them then looks at me with disbelief.

"Let's not do this now. We need to focus on your health." He says shaken

"I need to focus on my health. I need to cater to myself and my kids. You have the freedom to visit Arris as much as you want but this is done. My lawyers coming back tomorrow to pick them up" I sniffle wiping the few tears falling handing him the pen. His hand was shaking he read what was on it multiple times then looked at me with sorrow and tears.

"I'm sorry" he said barely above a whisper signing the papers with tears silently streaming down his face.

"You can leave the baby. My mother is gonna come get him" I look out the window with tears staining my face.

He nods leaving the baby in my arms. Kissing my forehead, he leaves out without another word. Chris comes in with a hard face sitting in the chair furthest from my bed. I chuckled at little at his attitude and anger.

"Chris come look at these real quick" he gets up walking with purpose. Picking up the papers on the table causing his face to soften.

"You really did it! I'm proud of you" Chris said giving me a small smile sitting next to his bed.

"Yeah. It hurt but not as much hurt as I would feel if I stayed. It needed to be done. I need to do what's best for me and my sons." I stated prideful looking at my beautiful baby boy.

"Well I know it might be a little soon but I wanted to know if you'd want to go on a date?" He said nervously rubbing the back of his neck. I blushed a little like that same 18 year old I was when I met him.

"I'd like that. Just give me some time" I said truthfully and genuinely. He kissed my forehead.

"Of course Sage. We got time. I'll make sure of it." He smiles genuinely.

For the first time in a while, I felt that genuine love we once had in all its entirety. What I thought I had with Algee was what I wanted with Chris and now I can actually have it. And I couldn't be more happy.

LIVE LOVE LAUGH FOREVER❤️