Chapter 21

Aries POV
I found myself panting as they rushed me to the hospital. I was sweating a whole pool and in so much pain. I just kept screaming. They had to leave the others in the waiting room while my mom and Candy came with me. I started crying tears once they settled me in my room. I wasn't completely ready yet so I had to wait.

"Did you try calling him?" I asked sniffling

"Yeah boo. But his phone is going straight to voicemail" candy says sadly as she sees tears slowly come out my eyes.

"How could he go on a business trip so far knowing his wife could give birth at any time now?" My mother says fuming. I just stay quiet because of my disappointment. He's gonna miss the birth of his first child. Candy hugged me when I started to cry more holding my belly.

"It's gonna be okay girl. We'll be here for you." She hugs while wiping my tears. Just as I wipe more of my tears my phone rings and I pick it up without even looking.

"Hello!" I say with excitement hoping it's Algee.

"Hey Aries. I'm about to drop Maurice off where you at?" Chris says through the receiver causing me to sigh.

"I'm at the hospital. Can you keep him for another night?" I asked sounding exhausted as I was

"Uhh yeah but is everything okay? Why you at the hospital?" He asked sounding concern then clears his throat

"Not really. But I'm waiting to give birth. My water broke like 20 minutes ago so. I'm just not dilated enough" I started taking deep breathes because I can feel contractions coming and I look for someone's hand to squeeze.

" I'm on my way" was all he said before I could respond

"What do you me-AHHHHHH" I started screaming from the pain and damn near passed out.

I squeezed the life outta Candy's hand where she was crying then once the contractions calmed down I apologized. She just held her hand and gave me a death glare causing me to giggle.

"Honey, I don't mean to sound harsh but have you thought about a divorce?" I gasped

"Mom!" I look at her

"What? Can you blame me? What has he really been doing for you besides sex and financially providing for you baby? Do you want a man that gives you everything you want or everything you need?" She said making grow quiet. I played with my fingers. I knew she spoke the truth but didn't want to admit to myself.

"If he does not show up for the birth of his own child, I think you need to really reconsider the relevance of the relationship. Because you deserve so much more." She kissed my forehead right before I started having contractions again. The doctor comes in looking under my gown.

"Ready to start pushing Mrs. Smith?" I nod with a few tears coming out my eyes at the thought that my husband wasn't here for the birth of our child.

"On the count of 3 push" they counted down as I began to scream

"AGHHHHHHH" I cried out as my mom patted my head

"Okay another push. Really hard." The doctor said

"UGHHHHHH OMG" I shrieked sweating a whole gallon

"You're doing wonderful Mrs. Smith. He's almost out. One more huge push. 1...2...3..."

I pushed so hard I thought I pushed out all my organs. But it paid off once I heard my sons cry. My mother cut the umbilical cord and they clean him off. He was wrapped in a little blue blanket. I cried looking at him with happiness and sadness. I gave birth to another beautiful child but his father wasn't her to see him.