Chapter 23

Aries POV

I've been in my apartment for about 2 months. Baby Arris is becoming easier to handle everyday. I kind of forgot what it's like to raise a newborn but i quickly adjusted back to my high alert. Maurice tries to help as much as he can but he's still a little to young so I try to teach him when I can. Algee visits often. At first I was giving him the cold shoulder until he started bringing my favorite flowers unexpectedly. Take me out when I would let him. He really made an impression. I started to feel how I felt when we first started dating. But something is still off.

"Maurice baby. It's time for bed" I patted his curly fro. He yawned and wrapped his arms around my neck as I pick him up.

I carry him to his room and lay him in bed. I tuck him in and he looks at me with sleepy eyes.

"Mommy. Are you and Daddy gonna get back together?" I nearly chocked on my spit and widen my eyes. I had to clear my throat to compose myself.

"Baby. I married Daddy Al. Why would you ask that question?" I ask scratching my head kind of nervous. He sits up a little.

"Well daddy always talks about us being a family. And how much he loves you. I don't Daddy's girlfriend." He pouts and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I thought you liked Ms. Leena honey?" I asked confused

"I did at first but now she acts different. She gets mad if daddy is spending to much time with me. She doesn't like when daddy buys me things. She doesn't let me play the game if daddy's not there like you do." he said sadden and I felt my body heating up slowly. I kissed his forehead and tucked him back in.

"Mommy will talk to her. But daddy Al loves us and he makes mommy really happy. And he takes care of your baby brother" He nods and kisses my cheek telling me goodnight.

I turn out his light and put on his night light. I leave out the room leaving the door cracked. I go in my room grabbing my baby boy. He stares up at me and i smile down at him with those chubby cheeks of his. I kiss him and go back into the living room cradling him. I put on Dear White People on netflix.

About 20 minutes in Arris becomes whiny and fussy. I pull down my camisole sleeve and grab his feeding blanket. I cover my baby as I proceed to watch my show. I was interrupted again when the bell rung. At first I ignored it, then the person rung the bell and knocked. I groaned and got up.

"COMING!" I yelled as I adjusted my baby and opened the door being met with Candy looking irritated as hell

"Hey girl wassup" I asked concern. She lets out an aggravated sigh

"We need to talk. I gotta show you something." She walks in cutting off the netflix

"Oh yeah I wasn't watching that" I roll my eyes taking Arris from under the blanket and began burping him, taking a seat next to Candice.

"I need you to promise to be strong and know I got your back. But you can't go crazy because you're still recovering." I looked at her strangely then put Arris in his little bassinet.

"Candice what is wrong?" I ask again becoming more worried as time passes.

She pulls an envelope out her purse with my name on it. She hands it to me, concern written in her eyes. I grab it cautiously. I peel open the previously opened envelope. What it held shocked the shit outta me.

"Leena and... Algee?" I said shocked as hell. Looking at all the pictures of them. They weren't just couple pictures but pictures pornhub would pay good money for. I couldn't believe my eyes. Beaches, restaurants, store, in cars, and.... OUR FUCKING WEDDING RECEPTION.