Chapter 8

Aries POV
I was walking through the club, as it neared the end of my shift. Algee was sick so I couldn't hang with him at the club nor could I get drunk because I had to take myself home. As I'm walking around serving drinks, I bump into someone.

"Sorry" I say as I spill the shot glass that was on my tray

"It's cool ma. My fault for not paying attention" he says. I look up at him once I finish wiping my tray. He was cute light skin with freckles with gold bottoms on.

"I feel like I know you from somewhere " he said squinting his eyes smiling at me.

"Only place you'd probably see me is here or VA dance studio. " I shrug walking back to the bar with him following me weirdly.

"Sage right?" He ask leaning on the bar as I make drinks and take a shot.

"Yup" I say making drinks and handing them out while collecting the money.

"I swear I seen you some where. I'm Keith btw" he says smiling at me.

"Look Keith I don't know where you seen me. But it obviously wasn't a relevant place if you don't remember so either order a drink or get a lap dance because my shift over in half an hour" I say with a smile on my face leaning forward. He chuckles putting his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry shawty. Just thought I knew you from somewhere. Maybe you remind me of a girl I once knew" he says shrugging causing me to smile a little.

"See her face whenever you look at me?" I asking cleaning a glass. He nods chuckling playfully rolling his eyes

"Wouldn't believe all of the things she put me through son?" He says sounding fake stressed

"See that's why I just can't get with you " I shrug then laugh softly with him as I clean another glass.

"You cool peoples. I was just gonna hit on you but you way to cool and got a good vibe for that. Maybe we could be friends " he said smiling while sipping the drink I made him after our conversation. I nod with a small smile.

"Maybe " I say as we continue our convo til my shift was over.

Chris POV
I was walking around the mall with Maurice. I finally had some money as I got a construction job. It's ironic how I use to tell Aries that's what I did for a living and now that's what I'm actually doing. Maurice was dragging me in all the stores. I can't deny spoiling the little boy.

"Daddy daddy. I want this " he points to some basketball poster of Kyrie Irving.

"That's not how you ask Rice" I tell him bending down to his level.

"Please daddy" he ask pouting. I chuckle and grab it for him.

"Your son has great taste. Hope he gets it from you " some lady said giggling. I'm not going to lie, she was beautiful.

"Yeah

"Yeah. It rubs off" I chuckle. She nods chuckling bending down to Maurice height as he hid behind my leg.

"What's your name cutie ?" She ask softly with a friendly smile.

"Maurice " I hear him respond quietly.

"I'm Leyna. You're very cute " she says

"Thank you. You're pretty. " he says shyly.

"Thank you. " she stands back up

"Sorry I love kids " she said smiling shaking her head. I smile genuinely.

"I can tell you're good with them. I'm Chris by the way. " I say extending my hand out for her to shake.

"Leyna " she says smiling shaking it.

"Well Maurice is that all you want from here?" I ask picking him up. He nods laying his head on my shoulder.

"Well he's a tired one now. You seem like a good dad. Single parent? " Leyna says helping me pick up some of his shopping bags and walking to the register.

"Nah. Me and his mom had a falling out. I was gone for a while" I said sighing paying the cashier

"Ahh. I've been there it ain't easy. But ya got a son that seems happy and healthy so that's all that matters right?" She said with a soft smile.

"Right" I smiled back as we arrived to my car. I got Maurice settled in the back seat as I help Leyna put his bags in the trunk.

"Maybe if you're not busy, we could go out and get some coffee or something sometime. Just hang out" she said kind of nervously looking down and around. I chuckled lightly.

"Yeah. Here put your number in my phone" I say handing it to her. She smiles a little putting her number in and texting herself

"I guess we'll be in touch then" she said brushing a hair behind her ear.

"We sure will beautiful " I say getting in my car smiling driving back to my apartment.

Nothing wrong with a little entertainment now.

LIVE LIVE LAUGH FOREVER ❣️