Chapter 20

(Aries)
"So have ya been speaking? Since that day?" Candy ask me as we walked around the carnival.

"No we agreed it was best to keep our distance for now physically until we figure some stuff out. But we check in everyday" I sigh eating my popcorn.

"Damn girl. After all these years... I was right" she says smirking to herself causing me to raise an eyebrow

"What are you talking about Candice?" I ask standing by the booth where Terrence was playing with TJ and Maurice.

"I knew ya would find ya way back to each other. I always supported your decisions but I felt it." She smiled. Causing me to smile softly and shake my head.

"I love you girl. Thank you for always staying by my side" I hugged her

"You welcome sis. I'm always gonna be there as long as you feed me." She stole my popcorn running off. I chased her giggling.

(Chris)
"Wait so re-explain what you just said to me Ty?" I said tapping my foot in his living room trying to contain my anger

"The nigga that killed boss was Woody. He went off the map. But we did some research. All them niggas that was at Aries wedding was in it. Including Algee. Except the rest of them left before the drop and the murder. All but Algee and Woody. Ol boy Al left around the time you disappeared" Tyra explained showing me files he created. My blood was boiling

"We think he may have to do with the reason you were kidnapped. The timing was to coincidental. And the location. He was bound to know you were there." Aug stated. I sat quiet for 5 minutes.

"Ok" I said finally looking at them. They looked back at me lost as ever.

"Ok?" They ask while I'm packing up my stuff and looking for my phone.

"That's all you gotta say?" Aug asked with a caution look on his face

"Yeah. If ya get any other information lemme know. I'm out" I give them dab and leave the house walking to my car.

I sat in my car with my eyes closed in deep thought. The girl I'm in love with is married to the nigga that's the reason I lost her completely. Nigga is a CEO/ex gang member. I need to start planning now and tell Aries. I read the time 11:46pm on my watch. I decided to take a ride to Aries house. I texted her that I was outside on the steps. She comes out in a tank top and shorts barely past her ass. It causes me to bite my lip.

"My tired ass eyes are up here Maurice. What'd you come here for?" She says lifting my head up to look up at her while she sits down next to me

"I need you to be careful. Watch out for Algee aight?" I speak seriously sighing

"Chris we talked about this and I told you he hasn't been drinking or nothing like that" I shake my head

"No Aries it's bigger than that. Just be careful because I don't know what he's capable of"I say standing up she looks up at me confused before standing up. She looks up at the house then looks at me with worry.

"What the fuck is going on Chris?" She whisper yells. I sigh looking down not wanting to tell her.

"Algee was part of the gang that killed my boss. So were all the men he had at the alter of your wedding. However, they left before the murder even happened" I say looking at her. Her face washed with relief.

"Okay so Algee was just in it. So what am I worried about exactly?" She says looking at me confused. I took a heavy breath.

"No he was involved in the murder and also may have been the ring leader to me being kidnapped" her face held an unreadable expression

"No he wouldn't do that. He knew how much I loved you how much I wanted you with me" her eyes got glossy and bit her lip nervously

"Aries be careful babygirl. I don't know what's about to go down. But there's more stuff hidden in the shadows" she shook her head

"No Algee wouldn't do that Chris. He cared to much about me. He knew how much you meant to me" she shook her head backing up

"Exactly why'd he want to get rid of me. Business and personal aren't suppose to mix but for him it did. He wanted you and I stood in his way. His gang tried to take over our business and I stood in the way. If you really think he wouldn't do this, you must be in love with him and stupid" I spat at her with anger just as Algee opened the door with a smirk on his face while her back was turned.

"Is everything aight out here?" He asked smirking looking at me

"Mind ya damn business. Take your little man ass to bed" I spat breathing heavy.

"Nigga it's my wife so she is my damn business" Algee chuckles leaning on the doorway

"Shit could've had me fooled" I see Aries look at me with concern and worry as my nostrils flare.

"Not me. You think I don't know ya fuck from time to time" he chuckles as Aries look back at him with wide eyes.

"W-w-what are you t-t-talking about?" Aries voice shook as she looked at him. He walked towards her looking down at her smiling.

"You and Chris have fucked in the past while we've been married these past couple of months. I don't get mad because at the end of the day if it really meant as much as you think it does, this ring wouldn't be on your finger anymore. I wouldn't be in this house anymore. And you wouldn't be having my baby anymore." My heart sank when he said that. She looked back at me with tears streaming down her face. She walked up to me but I backed up.

"Chris baby I'm sorry. I was gonna t-" I walked to the car with her following me I opened the door then slammed it cutting her off.

"How far along are you Aries?" I looked at her with so much hurt and hatred.

"A month and a half" she said crying trying to grab me and hold me so I wouldn't leave. I saw Algee laugh and go back in the house.

"Aries move man. I'm over this bullshit. I'm over this fucking false hope of us repairing shit. This clearly isn't meant to be." I say with my voice cracking looking down at her sadden face. She grabs my face and kisses me filled with every possible emotion. I kiss her back not being able to help it. She pulls away looking straight into my eyes.

"I love you Maurice. With everything in me I do" she cries out. I grab her hands squeeze them and slide them off my face.

"At this point, with that baby inside you, I find that very hard to believe. With that ring on your finger I find it hard to believe. With everything that has went on with us since I've been back, I don't believe you. My heart wants to but my brain won't let me. I'm so in love with your ass I've been blinded that you still love him too. So imma respect that now. Contact me with anything about Maurice. Enjoy your fucked up marriage Aries. Don't have to worry about me now" I say wiping my tears.

She keeps calling out my name. I just get in my car and speed off. I see her standing there then crouches down crying. I can't believe she gave him everything while still being in love with. Was she ever really in love with me again? Or she wanted a distraction from her fucked up marriage. Not my problem now. They were meant for each other. He better watch his back.

LIVE LOVE LAUGH FOREVER❤️
I have returned babies ☺️