Chapter 35

ZERO'S POV

"Then I will do it." She said defiantly.

I didn't expect her to agree so easily. I was shocked. I thought that I would have to do more to convince her, that she would be more reluctant.

"But..." She flushed a pink hue.

"What is it?"

"How do you do... the thing?" She asked looking away with a pout.

"What thing?"

"The thing with the fangs and the eyes..."

I was taken aback. "(Y/n), I don't know how I do it. It's part of me now. Take your time and listen to your instincts." I advised, not knowing what else to say.

"My instincts huh..." She pondered quietly. She sat for a while unable to do anything. I could see her getting frustrated.

Some time went by before I spoke. "Would it help if-" I started but her eyes became a dull red, they weren't glowing yet so I stayed quiet a little longer.

"If you can do it I can do it." She said quietly. "An inch close to death..." she whispered. She looked at me. Her beautiful (e/c) irises taken over by a blood thirsty red. As she spoke, fangs protruded.

I pulled her into my body and held her tightly. I raised my hand to her head and waited as she leaned into the bare side of my neck. She wrapped her arms around me before her tongue ran along a vein. She hesitated and I could feel her breathing on my skin. I felt something dripping onto my shirt but I hadn't yet felt the piercing bite.

'She's crying.'

She trembled slightly as I held her. I knew how hard it was for her. She felt the same way I did when I first started transitioning. She may have agreed quickly but it took time for her to actually follow through with it. She wasn't ready yet. I would just have to wait a while longer before she could fix me.

"It's alright (y/n)." I assured her. "You don't have to do it right now if you're not ready." I said quietly as I stroked her head.

Her arms tightened around me and her lips came into contact with the skin on my neck before a penetrating pain erupted in the area causing me to flinch. Her teeth impaled the protective layer over my vein and I could feel a warm liquid oozing out of the punctures.

'She did it? I didn't think she was going to.' I thought quietly. I felt sorry for her. I could hear her drinking my blood. It was a feat I could never get used to, it was repulsive. I pushed away negative emotions in an attempt to to keep her calm knowing she could taste what I was feeling.

I was grateful for what she was doing. She was abandoning her beliefs, her way of life, her humanity. For so long she had lived as a human but was born a vampire. She never wanted it. Just like I never wanted Shizuoka to change me. We were in the same boat.

I could feel myself slowly being drained and I was feeling sluggish. I felt myself growing weaker with each passing moment. 'I didn't think I'd ever have to feel like this again.' I felt myself getting thirsty, needing to replenish myself. I tried hard to hold out while (y/n) did her bidding.

I felt her lift her head up slightly and her tongue ran across the wound she'd created. At once the pain seemed to disappear. She pulled back and a disgusted look was cast across her face as she came to. I felt somewhat faint. I fell forward slightly.