Chapter 25

"Who is this you've brought along with you?" My mother asked.

"This is my best friend Hanabusa Aido. I hope you don't mind, as you can imagine I'm quite nervous. I had meant to say in the letter he would be accompanying me but it slipped from my thoughts."

"So you're the heir to the Aido family. It's nice to meet you young man." My father said.

"It's an honour to be in your presence master (l/n)." Aido bowed deeply.

"Why don't we move to the lounge room? I'm sure we have much to catch up on." My father suggested gesturing to a door at the end of the hallway to the left. I followed my mother in and took a seat on one of the luxurious lounge chairs while Hanabusa stood beside me.

"Now (y/n), you mentioned in your letter that you had questions to ask." My mother said.

"Yes. Originally I approached Kaname Kuran however he suggested it be best to ask my parents instead. I don't have a very good understanding of vampires in general but what I was really wanting to know what how do Level E vampires not fall to that state?" I started off with a question I already knew the answer to.

They answered it for me and I moved onto the real question I intended on asking. "So what if the pure-blood dies, do they end up as level E or can they still be stopped?" I asked.

"What interests you in the way of level E vampires (y/n)?" My father asked.

"I'm curious about many things. This is only the start of what I want to find out." I replied.

"I see. Well, it's true that most who have been turned into vampires by pure-bloods usually fall to a level e state. However, they can remain simple vampires if they drink the blood of their master but not all get that chance. If a pure-blood was willing enough to help the poor sod they can reconstruct the blood bond that has been made. A pure-blood can partake from the victim and in turn they can drink from their new master. However it rarely happens and takes a few times for it to establish the new link. They have to have their blood drained to a point within an inch of death. Multiple times." My father explained.

"Multiple times?" I asked. I was horrified but I had to keep myself in check.

"Three to five times from what I've heard."

"So if another pure-blood drank the blood of the master of the blood bond, if the evolving level e drank from the other pure-blood, would it sustain them longer?"

"I get the feeling that these questions are blooming from some sort of information she's hiding or from personal experiences." My father whispered to my mother.

"No, I'm genuinely curious."

"If you insist. Well I've never heard of it happening before but yes it's more likely to sustain them than just drinking from this second pure-blood."

"I see." I continued to interrogate my biological parents on matters I was still a bit fuzzy with and to draw away any suspicions they had against me.

"I still find it hard to believe you've decided to wake up from that nonsense state you had been locked away in." My father scoffed.

"Hm?" I hummed raising my brows as I took a sip of tea from the ornamental cup I'd been given.

"You have started acting like a proper vampire now haven't you?" My father asked.

"Not exactly." I murmured quietly shifting nervously on the spot.

"Is that right? As I recall, you were forbidden to return unless you had."

"I wouldn't know, I don't remember much before the age of six." I spoke blandly.

"Then why have you come?" My mother asked.