Chapter 21

We kept running trying to work out where Yuki had run off to. Zero went one way while I went to go another.

"Zero this way!" I said grabbing his hand swiftly correcting his course.

"How do you know?" He asked

"I have a feeling. Instincts if you will." I called back.

"We're relying on your instincts?" He questioned.

"You can't feel that darkness creeping in?" I asked.

He was quiet for a moment before answering. "Yeah now you mention it."

We ran inside the old night dormitory by which time zero began leading the way. We found a room at the end of the hall with the doors wide open.

"Shizuka! Let Yuki go!" He growled full of rage.

"Zero? And (y/n)?" Yuki said in slight shock. Zero pulled out his gun and I followed suit with my swords. Before either of us could attack Yuki foolishly stood in front of the vampire with her pole extended in an attempt to protect the beast. "Please stay back you two. I mean it."

"Move it Yuki, why would you even-"

"You don't understand! She's the only one who can save you Zero!"

"You think she can save me?" He asked angrily.

"Yes." I answered before her. "For an evolving vampire to drink the blood of the one who forced him into state of darkness and suffering, will ultimately stop him from falling to a level E." I elaborated.

"Yes. She and I already made a deal. I might be scared but I'm gonna be fine! So please, stay back."

"Even if what they say about your blood is true, I can still beat you within an inch of your life." He spoke enraged and sternly as he grasped Yuki's pole. "Shizuka."

Yuki took her staff away and made it shrink. She raised her wrist and attempted to electrocuteZero, which would paralyse him temporarily.

"Why are you trying to stop me? She..." He stopped speaking. From my angle I couldn't see Yuki's face but I could hear her crying.

"This girl has tamed you." The woman stated, then laughing lightly. "Are you happy to have finally heard your master's voice? You cannot help but obey me Zero. I'm back in my own body, now my voice has the power to bind you."

"The power to bind him?" Yuki asked.

"This is convenient... Keep holding Yuki. You do understand don't you? I am the one responsible for creating you and that means I am your master. You simply cannot disobey me Zero."

Yuki attempted to order Zero to release her but it was futile, she then went on to say it was unnecessary as she was willing to offer herself to the pure blood. She ended up dropping her staff in the process.

"For four years now this body has been ravenous. Did you truly believe that your blood was enough?"

"But you said that you only needed my blood." Yuki said shocked.

Shizuka made a move toward Zero as he stood unable to do anything. Yuki pleaded for her to stop. I snapped myself out of my trance and stopped standing by idly.

I lunged forward grazing the beasts arm. "Stop this! You've already tortured him enough forcing him into this state! How can one be so cruel?!" I questioned.