Chapter 16

I was back in my old room in the headmasters home when I finally came around. My eyes wandered around the room lazily. There were muffled voices outside of my door and I couldn't quite place who they belonged to. I was curious to know what they were saying and who it was, however I didn't bother getting up to find out.

After a few moments my door opened to my father being followed by Kaname. "Father... Kaname?" My voice was husky and strained.

"Ah you're finally awake. (y/n), I've asked Kaname to visit to see if there's any way he can help."

"Hello, (y/n). I understand you're not feeling too well."

"Well thank you." I spoke softly.

"Don't thank us yet, we still don't know if Kaname can do anything. Although we are still thankful for the time you are taking to try."

"Of course headmaster." He sat down next to me on the bed and touched my head. His hand was cold and I could feel my skin heat his own up greatly. "My, you are sick. You're about as hot as the fire in the living room. Show me the tablets that you took."

I gestured limply to the nightstand where the small bottle still stood. He took the bottle and looked inside. He read the limited information on the exterior and looked to the headmaster. "These pills are harmful to vampires in general, even more so to pure-bloods. They look like standard tablets used to drug us so that they can end us before we can escape. However, there's something else in them that can cause a great deal of suffering to a vampire should they be consumed. I can smell it."

"So can she fight it out? Can you help her? Does it wear off?" My father began panicking a bit while I laid still, trying to take in all the information I could in my sickly state.

"I think I can help her, but she will need to sleep." Saying this Kaname held the side of my head and a strange, soft, electric feeling buzzed in my brain. My eyes shut and I was once again asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A bright light woke me up. It was the sun peering in through my windows onto my face. I sat up. There was still pain lingering in my joints and muscles from not moving much. I swivelled around and put my legs over the side of the bed. I put my feet on the ground and slowly stood up.

I was a little achy but my dizziness and headache had left me. I touched my forehead where the pounding pain from the migraines haunted me. I was back to a normal temperature. 'Kaname, did he actually manage to help me? How long have I been asleep? What day is it? What's the time?' I pondered.

I wandered out of my room and down to the kitchen. Surprisingly, everyone was there.

"(y/n), you're okay!" Yuki jumped up from her seat and hugged me tightly. "I've been so worried about you. You've been out for days." She parted from me.

"Oh man really? How many?"

"We thought today would be number five." She admitted.

I sighed and walked over sitting in my usual seat. "Oh no, I've missed out on so much school I'll never get back on track." I whined.

"Now, now (y/n), don't be so silly. You'll catch up quickly, it's only two weeks of work. Actually now that I think about it, that is a fair bit." My father mumbled the last sentence.

"Don't worry (y/n), Zero always took extra notes for you and when he wasn't in class I did."

"You did?" I was a little shocked that they even bothered, especially Zero. Yuki nodded and smiled. I glanced at Zero. His expression was unchanged while he kept his head low and ate. I thought I could see a tint of pink, it may have just been the lighting though. "Thank you." I smiled as I stood up.