love me ~ C Hood

i apologize in advance for this :,)

triggers: you might just get your heart broken by this, and i literally wrote this within five minutes whilst on my period. im emotional, but i think we have established that with my past fics

word count: 540

you lay in bed, four inches away from calum, looking up at the ceiling. your brain was too busy for you to sleep. you needed to get some things off if your chest, but you couldn't.

he groans out of annoyance, "whats wrong now?" he asks, no sympathy in his voice. he scrolls on his phone, responding to texts every now and then.

"nothing" you state, taking a deep breath, closing your eyes, imagining little people in your brain like an office. shutting down specific areas that they work in.

"no, something is wrong. its not healthy to go to bed emotional. just spill it" he explains, still scrolling and still not looking at you.

"its just, every time i look in your eyes, i melt like chocolate. every time i see your smile or see you laugh, i get butterflies. every time you talk about something you love, i feel proud. every time i look at you, i just cant help but think to myself, i love you. but you don't love me back. and i don't think you ever will."

he stops. every thing around him, stops. time, the air conditioner, the cars outside. it all stops. he looks over at you, he sees your eyes well up with tears, but you are trying your best to keep them in. not letting the water release.

he wants to say something, he really does. but he cant.

but truly, he was starting to feel a little something as well. he would look at you when you would be brushing your teeth in the morning, and smile inside. but on the outside, he just had a cold look on his face. one that broke your heart.

and he thought that your jokes were just the funniest, but he would never tell you that. because he didn't want to believe in love. he didn't want to think that he could ever have that shot at a forever with someone, ever again.

every little act you did, just made his stomach do jumping jacks inside. and he thought it was cute when you stole his shirt that one time, even though he told you to put it back. if he saw the way you cried after wards, he probably would have changed his mind.

he thought that you were the best thing since sliced bread. but he could never admit it. because saying it out loud, would mean that its real. that would mean that you are, in fact the best thing since slice bread.

but calum, he was just too broken. and if he broke your heart more than he already did, it would just make things worse.

he turned the lamp off on the bedside table, and set his phone on it, plugging it into the charger. "goodnight." he spoke, as if he didnt hear a word you had said.

he turned on his left side, but he couldn't sleep. he knows, that he wont be able too.

and you turn on your right side, just wanting this to end.

you both cried yourselves to sleep.

you both pushed everything under the rug.

you both, broken and beaten down, more than you were when this started.