lie to me ~ c hood

due to popular demand, I present to you, part two of 'love me' but I think you can kinda read this one on its own without reading that.

triggers: I just might break your heart again (faye here after editing, yes, It definitely will break your heart. but, thats my specialty.)

summary: in which, you just want calum to lie to you, but calum is tired of hurting you.

you aren't shocked to find that calum isnt next to you when you wake up. he never is next to you, anyways. he never sleeps next to you, he never sits close to you, he never walks near to you, he always keeps his distant. the only times he even touches you is on accident.

if he accidentally brushes his arm against yours, if he accidentally touches your hand while reaching for the remote, if he accidentally walks out of the room when you are heading towards it. everything in your relationship is an accident.

and you are starting to believe, that your relationship in a whole, is an accident.

in the beginning of your relationship, everything was fine. calum didnt act like he hated you twenty four seven.

when he saw your name pop up on the screen, he got a smile on his face and butterflies in his stomach. and you were the same way. whenever you showed up at his apartment, he smiled and kissed you on the cheek.

but when you visited him on tour, he was a little angsty. you went to hug him, and yeah he hugged back. but he didnt squeeze you and kiss your head like he normally did.

he just walked off ahead of you, and didnt even say hello. it was hours before you two spoke your first words in person for about three months.

"calum what do you think would look best?" you ask, holding up two outfits in your hand. "I dont know, they both look fine." calum just stared at the television screen, watching some random movie he found and peeked an interest in it.

"calum just pick one, I want to look nice for your concert." you say, standing there with two items of clothing in your hand. "neither one is gonna make you look any good. so I dont see why you even wanna try."

the words break your heart. you stand there in shock, not knowing wether to sit there and take it or to fire back at him.  but truthfully, you didnt have the heart to spit back at him.

calum sits there, like he didnt even know that the words came out of his mouth. like he meant to break your heart. like he meant, to stab you directly in your heart. "I just, wont go then." you muttered, folding the jumpsuit and the mini dress you had back into your suitcase, and you exited the room. feeling like you had just gotten your heart ripped out of your chest.

and when he got back from tour, everything changed. you knew he would be drained and ready for endless hours of rest and sleep, but you never thought that he would automatically shut you out.

you had gathered your clothes from the night before, but it was just a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. you never wanted to leave your things at calums house, afraid that he might lash out at you for it.

you walk down the stairs, you can hear the tv running and dukes nails scratching against the wood floor. you look over and see calum asleep the couch, and you realize that he must have gotten out of bed sometime last night. you can see tear trails on his bronze skin, and you frown a little.

he cried himself to sleep too.

you walk over to grab your converse, slipping them on and tying the shoe laces. "can you be at least a little quiet?" calum asks, sitting up on the couch. "sorry." you mutter, finishing tying your shoe laces.

you walk to the bar in the kitchen to grab your keys. "y/n what do you want from me?" he asks, popping two pieces of bread in the toaster. he turns around and faces you, and you notice that his cheeks are redound he has light bags underneath his eyes. he must have cried himself to sleep too.

"what do you mean?" you knew exactly what he meant.

"you can't just...say what you said last night and just walk out the next morning, expecting everything to be okay. cause guess what y/n, this relationship isnt okay. it hasnt, and it probably never will be okay. so please, tell me what you want from me."

"I want you to lie to me calum. I want you to lie, and tell me that you love me. even if you dont, because I know you dont." but he does, he is just too scared of admitting it. "I dont know what changed a few months ago while you were on tour, but you had no right to just...shut me out and act so cold towards me! I mean, I try and I try to at least put on a fake smile, but it always goes un noticed. I want you to hug me, I want you to smile when you see me and kiss me on the forehead like you used to in the beginning. I want you to talk to me. and I want to be able to talk to you. but you dont want to do any of those things. so please, at least just lie to me."

there she is, sitting on the bar stool, a broken and emotional mess. and there calum is, taking it like a man. trying his best to not break like she already did, months ago.

"I didnt mean to shut you out. I didnt mean to yell at you. I didnt mean to hurt you." he explains, you wipe your eyes, and rest your head in your hands, "but you did. just tell me why calum! tell me why, and maybe this can go away, and maybe we can start over."

"what if I dont want to start over y/n?! what if im not even supposed to be with you?" but he was. he knows it in the very bottom of his heart that he was meant to be with her. and thats what scares him.

"then why am I here?" you rhetorically ask. "because. you have too good of a heart, y/n. you dont want to see people in pain, you dont want to hurt people, you want to pick up the broken pieces and try and stick them back together. and...I'm tired of hurting you. I think this whole thing just happened way too soon."

"what are you saying calum?"

"I'm saying, that im willing to lie to you."