Darling y/n ~ C Hood*

summary: in which, y/n is a country singer who flirts with the crowd and her bartender boyfriend calum isnt a fan of it

triggers: smut, curse words.

a/n: I was watching dumplings for the 786th time today and I got an idea. also I love this au so lmk if you do too and if you want to see more of it!

y/n finished the final touches on her mascara and eye shadow before sliding on her black cowgirl boots. she fluffed her hair out one more time, and then went out and into the crowd. she had to get a lucky kiss from her boyfriend, Calum before going out to sing a few songs.

Calum was the bartender and 'lucky joes' in small town Texas. thats where he met y/n. he was new, and she had been singing there since before she was a legal adult.

y/n had the voice of an angel, truly. she had a certain twang that made her grammy worthy. Everyone told her that she should go professional, but she just had the same answer to it all. singing for her was just a hobby.

y/n had managed to pull Calum up for a duet of 'islands in the stream.' and once they heard each others voices, it was history. ever so often they would do a duet, but y/n was the main reason they got customers. because y/n was truly, something special.

she walked up to the bar, and Calum got her a mini bottle of water. "whats the set for tonight? should i expect you to pull me up there?" he asked, leaning on the wooden bar with a smirk on his face.

"maybe, I'm just gonna do a couple of my favorites." she took a swig of the water, "you have like, twenty favorites." y/n giggled, "well these are on my top ten."

"alright y'all it is my pleasure to introduce you to everyones favorite, darling soon to be, y/n hood!" ken, the manager of the bar announced, and everyone cheered. you stood up on your tip toes in anticipation for your lucky kiss from Calum.

the heels of her leather boots clicked across the floor as people cheered for her. the band in place, and she tapped the mic. "how're y'all doin' tonight?" Every body 'whooed' in response. Calum smiled as he poured a beer for a customer.

"good, good. let's start off with a joke. why did the golfer wear two pairs of pants?" the crowd asked why, "incase he got a hole in one!" the drummer did a rimshot and a few people laughed, and Calum shook his head with a smile.

"okay, well this first song is by the famous Patty Loveless, and it's called i try to think about Elvis."

the bass riff started, and Calum swung the towel over his shoulder and leaned on the bar and watched.

she tapped her feet with the beat, "i just cant concentrate...you're all i think about these days." she had a smile on her face as the crowd in front of her danced along and clapped with the beat.

she shook her hips and kicked her boots a little, "i try to think about hair do's, and tattoos." she made sure to twang her voice on the 'oo' of tattoo.

y/n was always so good at getting involved with the crowd. she knew when to dance around and when to just stand at the mic and sing her heart out, letting the couples dance. she knew how to get them riled up and how to settle them down. she truly was, made for the stage.

She just dint like to be in the spotlight. thats why every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday she is at lucky joes, singing away.

the song finishes and everyone claps and cheers. she sets the mic back onto the stand, and takes a swig of water and a deep breath. "alright, this next one was a big hit. its called nobody by Sylvia."