86: Abundance

(3rd Person POV)

Four Months Later

"RDS happens when there is not enough surfactant in the lungs. Surfactant is a liquid made by the lungs that keeps the airways, known as alveoli, open. This liquid makes it possible for babies to breathe in air after delivery."

Yoongi read out loud as he paced around his office. He had an open book in one hand, his other hand softly resting on Haru's head. The baby was currently strapped into a kangaroo style carrier on Yoongi's chest. Yoongi flipped the page in his book, adjusted his thin framed glasses, and then continued to read while he paced the room. Rice was lounging in her usual sunny spot on the windowsill.

Four months had flown by. In those four months, nothing had happened. It was amazing. Yoongi and Jimin had been raising Haru quietly and comfortably, a team effort. Yoongi had dedicated himself to learning more and more about Haru's condition, studying intensively when he had the chance.

Yoongi stopped reading his book as he heard a gentle knock on his office door. The knob turned and the door opened. Jimin peeked inside, a bright smile on his face. He walked inside.

"Hi darlings." Jimin smiled, making his way to Yoongi. He placed a kiss on Haru's head before placing one on Yoongi's cheek.

"Hey. Did you get the results?" Yoongi smiled.

"Yeah. Jin said as of today, Haru won't need the oxygen anymore. " Jimin grinned, Yoongi's eyes widened as a smile spread across his face.

"Wow, really? That's great love!" Yoongi leaned forward and placed a kiss on Jimin's forehead. Then, he placed a tiny kiss on top of Haru's head.

"I know, right?" Jimin smiled before he tilted his head, "Oh, and Jungkook said he wanted to meet you in his office."

"Oh? Alright. I better go see him." Yoongi smiled softly, removing the baby carrier and gently handing the infant over to Jimin's waiting arms.

"I'll meet you downstairs in a bit." Yoongi placed a tender kiss on Jimin's lips, a kiss on Haru's head, and then headed out of his office and into Jungkook's.

After watching Yoongi leave the room, Jimin beamed, holding up his infant. He cooed, "Did you hear that, Haru? You're all better!"
.
.
.
"You wanted to see me?" Yoongi asked as he poked his head into Jungkook's office. Jungkook smiled, nodding his head eagerly. The younger brother was sitting at his desk, papers scattered about. Yoongi observed them closely as he took a seat opposite Jungkook. The papers were music sheets, various notes and lyrics scribbled about.

"The song you asked me to compose for your wedding." Jungkook smiled as he pointed to the sheets of paper, "It's done. I want you to hear it before I finalize everything, it's called 'Euphoria' "

"Ready when you are." Yoongi smiled, leaning back in the chair. Jungkook cleared his throat and shuffled some papers around. He then leaned over and searched for his music on the computer. Jungkook had taken an interest in music, whenever he had a day off, he was composing.

Soon, a quiet melody flowed through the speakers, capturing Yoongi's full attention. Almost immediatly, Jungkook's sweet voice accompanied the music as he sang along, his eyes closed.

"You're the sun that rose again in my life." Was the first line Jungkook sang. Yoongi didn't know why, but there were tears stinging his eyes. He listened intently, closing his own eyes. The more Jungkook sang, the bigger the smile on Yoongi's lips.

"Take my hands now. You are the cause of my euphoria."

Yoongi felt a small flutter in his heart as Jungkook sang. Yoongi listened whole heartedly to the song, the chorus echoing through his head once the song ended.