42: Burn

(Yoongi POV)

I drove back to my apartment, my mind blank as my body went through the familiar actions. I parked the car and headed into my apartment, sighing as I looked around  the empty room.

I glanced over at the alcohol bottles adorning the shelves in the kitchen. With no hesitation, I walked over and began grabbing them and flinging them across the kitchen, watching as they shattered and the liquid inside splashed every where.

I was angry. In the end, it seemed that Jungkook had won. He had gained Jimin's trust. And there was no doubt in my mind that Jungkook had been the one to tell Jimin about my engagment. He bad poisoned Jimin's mind by telling him I lied about everything. I put my life on the line for Jungkook, I gave up my freedom for Jungkook. I was getting married to give Jungkook a better life. And this is what I got in return?

"I didn't lie..." I dropped to my knees amongst the shattered glass, "I didn't lie...I loved Jimin. I gave him everything...I made a mistake....but if he'd loved me as he said, wouldn't he have given me a chance...?"

My own words caught me off guard. I sat back, leaning against the wall. That...made sense. Had Jimin been the one who lied...? About loving me? 

The phone in my pocket rang then. I pulled it out, sliding the answer button before putting it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Yoongi,"  It was Jin. "You signed the discharge papers, but you didn't pick up your things from your room. Are you gonna come back later?"

"I'm not going back there." I answered flatly, "Throw everything away. Burn it, I don't care. I don't want it."

I hung up before Jin could say anything else. As I held my phone in my hand, it began to ring again. I answered again, frustrated.

"What do you want?!" I snapped.

"Oh, sorry. Are you busy?"  Kirang's voice was soft.

"Kirang?" I sighed and brushed my hair back, "No, I'm not busy. Why?"

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to go shopping with me." She said.

"Jesus, Kirang you'll never change, will you? All you do is shop and--"

"Not for me, Yoongi. For our baby." Kirang interrupted quietly.

"...oh." I mentally scolded myself, "When?"

"Tonight, if you don't mind. Unless, of course, you don't feel well enough--"

"No, I'm fine. I'll see you tonight. "  I ended the call, leaning my head back against the wall. The stickiness of the cake mixed with the alcohol on my skin and on my clothes made me feel even more of a mess than I already was.

Why was this happening to me?

I retreived Jimin's ring from my pocket, looking at it as it sat on the palm of my hand. Did he really mean the words he said? Was there really no chance for us?

Maybe there wasn't. If at one point I had wanted to cancel the wedding, I couldn't do that now. Protecting Jungkook wasn't a priority anymore, I didn't have to get married for his sake. He had taken my world from me. Where my heart used to be, there was now a Jimin-sized cavity.

No, that's not the reason I couldn't cancel it. I couldn't cancel it, because of the baby growing in Kirang's womb. I had to take responsibility for my actions.

After a shower, I sulked around for a few hours until evening came. Sitting at the kitchen island, I stared longily at the lone survivor of my earlier rampage. A bottle of soju, sitting at the highest shelf. Alcohol was nice. It was like anesthetic for the heart.