70: Poison

(3rd Person POV)

"I don't even know where I'm going." Kirang walked hurridly through the hospital hallways, the vials of blood safety tucked away in her pocket. Yoongi had sent her to deliver them, but she didn't exactly where to. All she knew was the name of the doctor  she needed to give them to; Dr. Kim Seokjin.

Jiwon and Jungkook still weren't back, and therefore she couldn't ask them for help. That, and they didn't know about the secret blood drawing in the first  place. Was it meant to be kept a secret from them too? Kirang wondered about this as she walked, paying close attention to the signs along the way.

Although she knew she shouldn't be there, Kirang walked into the doctors lounge. There were two doctors there, a tall, handsome man with glasses and...Dr. Soo.

Kirang tried to retreat, but it was too late.  They had noticed her.

She gulped, and then spoke softly, "I'm sorry for interrupting...I'm looking for Doctor Kim Seokjin? I have something for him."

"You're Yoongi's wife, correct?" The taller doctor stepped forward, a dimpled smile appearing, "I'm Doctor Kim Namjoon, Seokjin's partner. Come, I'll take you."

Partner as in work partner...or couple partner? Kirang wondered to herself as she let Namjoon lead the way. Only a few steps away was Seokjin's office. Namjoon didn't bother knocking. He opened the door to the office and held it open for Kirang to go inside.

"Dr. Seokjin?" Kirang watched as the man at the desk stood. Kirang observed his model-like looks. Why was everyone here so good looking?

"Yes. You must be Kirang, nice to meet you."  Seokjin smiled, offering Kirang a seat in front of the desk.  She removed the vials of Jimin's blood from her pocket before sitting.

"Yoongi asked me to bring this to you. He said it was urgent." Kirang said as she handed the vials to Jin. He took them, breathing out a soft sigh of relief.

"Thank you. I'm so glad he was able to get these quickly. Here, Joon. Get the analysis started immediatly." Jin handed the vials to Namjoon, who took them and stored them in his pocket before exiting the office.

"If you don't mind me asking..." Kirang tilted her head curiously, "What's the rush? Is Jimin's doctor hiding something?"

Jin looked around a bit nervously, biting at his lower lip before speaking quietly.

"Yoongi can't know about any of this, okay?" Jin said sternly. Kirang nodded.

"We think there's a possibility Jimin isn't terminally ill." Jin leaned back in his chair, his eyebrows furrowing as he thought deeply, "Namjoon had trouble getting any of Jimin's records from Dr. Soo. He kept them hidden. But, Namjoon is Namjoon. He was able to steal them. He has been carefully analyzing Jimin's results, and there's nothing in them that even looks remotely close to a terminal illness."

"What?" Kirang was on the edge of her seat, "How can that be? Then...why is Jimin in this condition?"

"I don't know." Jin sighed softly, "That's why I asked Yoongi to bring me these samples. Dr. Soo won't let any other doctor near Jimin...that's reason enough to think he's hiding something."

"Actually, Yoongi and I found something interesting..." Kirang shifted around in her seat, "We drew the blood from Jimin's  left arm, but he had a puncture mark on his right arm. Also, we went into Jimin's room without permission, so we hid when the doctor came in. He seemed very angry, suspicous maybe. And then, he gave Jimin another injection of painkillers."

"Painkillers?" Jin was taken aback, "That's not right...Jimin can't handle painkillers administered that way."

"That's what Yoongi said too." Kirang said quietly. Jin wrote down what she had said on a notepad. He tore off the sheet and placed it in his pocket.