82: Haru

(3rd Person POV)

"Time of birth, 5:53 am, weight is 5 pounds 4 ounces." A doctor announced, quietly handing the crying, tiny newborn baby boy to the nurses, who swiftly acted. The room was filled to the brim with nurses and doctors, who worked desperately to keep both mother and baby alive. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The baby boy was born, but his mother had died just minutes before.

As the newborn was placed in the incubator and wheeled out of the room, the doctor stood. The remaining people in the room surrounded the lifeless woman on the operating table.

" And...time of death, 5:52 am. A moment of silence."  The doctor announced. The surrounding nurses and doctors bowed their heads for a few seconds before they each took their leave. The main doctor was last to leave, using a white sheet to cover the woman.
.
.
.
Taehyung and Jungkook stood quickly as they saw the doctor come out of the operating area.

"I'm afraid I have bad news." The doctor said. He removed his mask and took a deep breath, "Kirang has passed away. We tried everything in our power to save both of them, but unfortunately, we could not."

Jungkook dropped back heavily into his chair, his mouth open in shock. All color seemed to drain from his face.

"So does that mean...? The baby...?" Taehyung inquired quietly.

"We delivered the baby boy, he is alive. However, I'm surprised at how healthy he is. He's premature, and requires a lot of attention. But he seems like a fighter." The doctor said. Jungkook listened quietly from his seat, too numb to move.

"And Jimin?" Taehyung asked.

"He's still in surgery." The doctor rubbed the back of his neck, "His injury was quite serious. I'll let you know if anything changes."

Taehyung nodded softly watching as the doctor walked away. Taehyung took a seat beside Jungkook, sighing deeply.

"Kirang is dead..." Jungkook leaned his head back, using his hands to rub his face in an anxious manner.

"Yeah.." Taehyung shook his head. How was he going to tell Yoongi? Yoongi, who was on the other side of the hospital, inconsolable. Yoongi, who cried even as he was put to sleep as Jin sutured his wounds. Yoongi, who wanted nothing more than to have his whole family complete and happy for once.

Not only had Yoongi lost a close friend, a baby had lost a mother, and they had all lost a companion.

"Should we tell Yoongi now...or wait until we have news on Jimin?" Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung, who shrugged softly.

"Let's wait." Taehyung said quietly, "If...he doesn't make it, it would be better to deliver both blows at once..."
.
.
.
Seokjin paced the hospital room he was currently in. Namjoon was standing next to the door, which was open. Yoongi was laying in the bed asleep,  his wounds treated. He had been sedated, but it was going to wear off soon.

Hoseok was leaning against the window, staring outside thoughtfully. The phone in his pocket vibrated. He pulled it out, reading the message from Taehyung.

"Baby Min was just born." Hoseok announced quietly to everyone in the room. They all turned to look at him questioningly.

"Isn't it too soon? Is Kirang okay?" Jin asked, stepping closer to Hoseok.

"Kirang..." Hoseok bit the inside of his cheek, unsure of how to proceed,  "Kirang is no longer with us."

"What?" Namjoon frowned, "What do you mean she's no longer with us...?"

"She's dead." Hoseok said, shaking his head, "She didn't survive the surgery, they had to deliver the baby immediatly."

"Oh my god...." Jin shook his head in disbelief. He glanced over at Yoongi, sadness heavy in his heart.