21: Official

(3rd Person POV)

"So, what exactly do you have planned for us?" Jimin asked curiously as they stepped through the main hospital entrance. A cool, autumn breeze blew, leaving Jimin's blond locks with a cute, wind-blown look. He readjusted his sweater so it covered his hands, and the hospital band around his wrist.

Yoongi walked next to him, his own hair messy and still a bit damp. Still, he managed to look handsome, his ears adorned with their usual dangling, asymmetrical earrings. The pair headed towards Yoongi's yellow Challenger, which was parked in the valet area.

"Well," Yoongi said as he pulled opened the passenger side door for Jimin. He leaned on it, a small smirk upon his lips, "There's something I'd like you to help me with."

"What is it?" Jimin questioned as he stepped behind the door, placing his bag inside the car before he turned back to Yoongi, who was still leaning on the door.

"You'll see." Yoongi chuckled, and then leaned foward to place a small kiss on Jimin's lips. Jimin blushed, quickly looking around to see if anyone saw. Much to his relief, there seemed to be no one in sight.

"What kind of music do you like?" Yoongi wondered out loud as he drove through the busy city. He took a glance at Jimin, who in turn, looked over at Yoongi.

"Hm...I listen to anything really. I don't have a preference. " Jimin shrugged, smiling as he admired how Yoongi looked.

He was smiling, his eyes creasing at the corners. The way the veins on his hands stood out when he gripped the steering wheel, the hospital band around his wrist...Yoongi never tried to hide it anymore, unlike Jimin.

"Mmm..." Yoongi thought for a while, rubbing his chin with his free hand. When traffic stopped, Yoongi played with the touchscreen on the car's dash. Soon, the soft acoustics of a pop-rockish style song filled the car. He then reached over, and took Jimin's hand into his own, bringing it to his lips to kiss it lightly. Yoongi's deep brown eyes met Jimin's.

"This song makes me think about you." Yoongi murmured against Jimin's skin. It made him blush, Yoongi's deep voice was even deeper when he spoke that way. Jimin's heart felt like it skipped a million beats. A million wonderful, Yoongi-filled beats.

By the time the pair arrived at their destination, the sky was covered with grey rain clouds. However, it wasn't raining yet.

Yoongi held Jimin's hand as they stepped into a rather large shop, the bell above the door announcing their arrival. The hair salon was rather empty, except for a costumer here or there. A stylist stepped out from behind the counter, greeting them.

"My, it's been a while. What can we do for you today, Mr. Min?" She asked Yoongi, smiling politely as she slipped her hands into the pockets of her black apron.

"I want to change my hair color." Yoongi replied, his hand still tightly holding Jimin's. He felt safe doing so in here, the stylists had been friends of the family for a long time. They'd mind their own business, surely. He was handed a thick, plastic card which displayed a large array of different color samples. He pulled Jimin to the waiting area, where they sat down next to each other. Yoongi handed the card to Jimin.

"Choose a color. " Yoongi said simply, earning a puzzled look and a small laugh from the cute boy next to him.

"What?" Jimin shook his head with a giggle, as he handed the card back, "I can't do that. It's your hair, you should--"

Yoongi quickly planted a kiss on the boy's lips, quieting him and making him blush.

"Yes, it's my hair. But I'd like you to choose a color." Yoongi spoke as he pulled away, "I... want this change to signify a new chapter in my life... one with you in it. Therefore, I'd like you to choose something for me that you like. Because you'll be stuck with me for a while..." Yoongi looked around the room quickly, pursing his lips into a thin smile as he was relieved there was no one around. He took Jimin's hand, gently lifting up his sweater to reveal his hospital band, "Don't hide this...it's cute that we match. Anyways...there's something else I wanna ask you..."

"What is it?" Jimin asked curiously, Yoongi looked serious, his eyebrows pushed together as if he were thinking.

"Will you..." Yoongi cleared his throat, sucking in a small breath through his teeth. He felt nervous, "Will you...be my boyfriend?"

"...huh? Really?" Jimin's heart began to race, the butterflies in his belly fluttering wildly. As excited as he was on the inside, he mainted his composure on the outside.

"Yes...I mean, if you want...you don't have to accept..." Yoongi was over the nervousness, now he just felt shy, and awkward. He looked down at his shoes.

"Why wouldn't I accept...I'm kinda in love with you." Jimin giggled cutely, his smile wide.

"So then, yes?" Yoongi returned his gaze to Jimin, chewing at the inside of his cheek.

"Yes."

Yoongi nodded, a satisfied look on his face.

Jimin couldn't help but grin, playfully hitting Yoongi on the shoulder

" You know...I like the way you look right now, but if I had to chose, I'd pick this-" Jimin pointed to a pale, minty shade, "I think it would compliment your skin. "

"If that's what you chose, I'll get it."

The pair couldn't stop chatting, joking and laughing as Yoongi was getting his hair done. As he was sat in the chair, Jimin leaned against the wall nearby, a mask covering his mouth and nose to protect his fragile health, as ordered by his new boyfriend. Even Yoongi's stylist joined their chit chat.

Still, even with the mask on, Jimin was recognizable. Especially when he reached out to hold Yoongi's hand, their hospital bands prominent on their wrists.

The couple had been too busy to notice a figure watching them through the salon's glass window. The figure stuck around for a while, watching the couple intensely before turning and storming off, anger and hatred radiating from them.

The first drops of rain began to hit the pavement. Soon enough, it was pouring, the city quickly becoming drenched.