37: Time

(Yoongi POV)

"Come on, Yoongi! Hurry!" Jimin was bouncing with energy as he skipped ahead of me. We were leaving the hospital for our first date in a while.

"Chill, baby. We have all day." I called out to him as I carried our bags. I told him to pack one. We'd be going shopping, then we'd go to my apartment, and I'd cook dinner for us.

Jungkook had gone home with our parents,  who I hadn't bothered to talk to since I had the surgery. I hadn't talked to Kirang either. For today, I wanted to put all that aside. Like Jin said, we should be happy while we can.

Once we were in my car, I reached out to hold Jimin's hand, pulling it to my lips. I sighed softly. How I'd missed him. Jimin pulled his hand away, and when I looked up, he pressed his lips against mine. I smiled through our kiss, the butterflies in my stomach fluttering wildly. I knew I would lose him when he found out everything I'd been hiding, but for now, he was mine, and I was his.

"So...what are you going to do now that, you know, you got such good news about your cancer?" Jimin asked as I drove.

"Wait for your cure." I answered without thinking, my eyes on the road.

Jimin laughed a bit, "Be realistic, Yoongi. Are you gonna leave the hospital once you're all healed?"

"I am being realistic, and no, I don't plan on leaving until I can take you with me."

Jimin only laughed again, only this one was a bit sad. It hurt; knowing Jimin had no hope for himself. But I was serious. Even if he grew to hate me, I would be there until he was better.

.

.

.

.

I took Jimin to my favorite shops, buying him anything he said was nice, even if he complained about the price.

"You're my boyfriend, let me spoil you," I smiled as I kissed his pouting lips, "Who else will I spend my money on?"

I held Jimin's hand as we walked around the mall, my free hand holding our (mostly his) bags. Jimin was humming to himself as we passed a jewlery shop. I paused in front of it, pulling Jimin to a stop.

"What?" He slid his arm through mine, leaning his chin on my shoulder, "What are we looking at?"

"Come here." I walked into the shop, which was filled with illuminated glass jewlery displays. I found the ring section, casually strolling over to it and peeking at the various options. Jimin stood next to me quietly, probably wondering what I was doing. A young lady stepped up behind the counter.

"Can I help you, sir? Buying a ring for your girlfriend?" She said, the smile never leaving her lips.

"No, not for my girlfriend." I answered, my eyes still searching the rings.

"Oh, your wife then?" The lady piped up.

"No. I'm looking for a pair of promise rings." I stared at her, grabbing Jimin's hand and interlocking our fingers. The women's smile immedietly dropped, her gaze wondering to our hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid we don't have any of those in stock." She said in a much less enthusiastic tone.

"Yeah, you do." I pointed to a pair I had been eyeing, "Show me those."

She acted as if she hadn't heard me.

"Yoongi, maybe we should--" Jimin was whispering from beside me, his hand lightly squeezing mine. I interrupted him.