67: Red

(3rd Person POV)

Jungkook walked quietly through the hospital hallway, his hands tucked into the pockets of his pants. Jiwon had taken Kirang to buy a change of clothes for both her and Yoongi, since going home was not an option. And Jungkook was left in charge of telling Yoongi about Hoseok and Taehyung's sudden arrest. It was early evening now, the sun was beginning to set.

Jungkook found the correct room number and slowly pushed open the door, stepping inside quietly.  The room was relatively dark except for bright fluorescent lights just above the bed where Jimin was laying. Jungkook observed him quietly; he looked awfully pale, and all the tubes and wires connected to him looked rather uncomfortable. Still, Jimin was sleeping soundly. Jungkook took a glance around the room, finally spotting Yoongi sitting on the couch in the corner of the room.  He was asleep as well,  his arms crossed on his chest and his head leaning on the back of the couch.

"Yoongi." Jungkook said in an effort to wake him up as he walked towards him. Yoongi immedietly jerked awake at the sound of his name. He sat up straight, rubbing his eyes quickly.

"What? What is it? I'm up..." Yoongi mumbled sleepily as he stood, eyes still closed.

"Relax. Everything's fine. It's just me. Sit down." Jungkook lightly pushed on Yoongi's shoulder, making him sit back down. Then, he took a seat next to him with a deep sigh.

"What's wrong?" Yoongi looked at Jungkook, concern in his eyes. The look on Jungkook's face was solemn.

"How's Jimin? Did he forgive you?" Jungkook asked quietly, shifting his gaze to Jimin's bed. 

"He's alright." Yoongi narrowed his eyes suspiciously, "And yeah...he forgave me. What's up, why are you weird?"

Jungkook sighed softly, pursing his lips as he returned his gaze to Yoongi, "Hoseok and Taehyung were just arrested for kidnapping and attempted murder."

"What?!" Yoongi said a little too loud as he stood quickly. Jungkook hushed him,  both of them watching as Jimin stirred in bed.  Luckily, he remained asleep.

"Dad sent them to be arrested." Jungkook shook his head sadly, "Even if he was the one behind all of this, his hands are clean. Hoseok and Taehyung did all the dirty work."

"Shit..." Yoongi brushed his hair back, sighing deeply, "We have to get them out of there. It's father who belongs behind jail bars, not them."

"I know, Yoongi.  But there's nothing we can do right now. We're helpless if we don't find a way to incriminate dad." Jungkook frowned. 

"I'll take care of that." Yoongi spoke through clenched teeth. His angry gaze softened as he looked over to Jimin,  who was still sleeping peacefully, "I promised I wouldn't leave him though..."

"Don't then," Jungkook stated quickly, earning a startled look from Yoongi, "Because of you,  Jimin has already been through so many terrible things that he doesn't deserve.  Just... be here for him.  I'll hire a good lawyer for the guys."

"Jungkook,  I have a lot of things to settle. I have to get things straight with Kirang, I have to speak with father, I'm sure Jimin would understand if I--" Yoongi was taken a back when Jungkook spoke over him.

"All of that can wait until Jimin is better,  don't you think, Yoongi? You've made him suffer enough,  just focus on him for a while. Or do you want to lose him again?" An annoyed Jungkook stood up,  quietly striding towards the door.  He pulled it open,  turning back to glance at his brother, "I'll be in the lobby if you need anything. " with that,  he left the room. 

Yoongi sat silently, contemplating the words Jungkook said. He was right, because of Yoongi's 'genius' plan to balance two relationships, Jimin had been hurt in the end. It was unfair. And it was all because of him.