Ξ B A D B Y E Ξ [PART 1 END]

Three days after, Taehyung's funeral was held. Ironically, it was on a sunny evening, with almost no clouds in the sky. The funeral was at a fairly well-know church with a huge golden cross at the back wall, sunlight barely managing to shine through the windows in its natural color, disrupted by the colored glass. Many coworkers showed up, some who didn't even talk to Taehyung much, some who hated him, and of course his friends were there as well.

Jimin walked into the church, without Hoseok at his side. Hoseok had opted to help out a little at the police station, cleaning and such even though he didn't work there. Yoongi stayed home, locked in his room. He hadn't come out in two days and Jimin thought it was best not force him. "Jimin..?", a voice called from behind him. Jimin turned around slowly, trying to focus on the person behind him with puffy eyes. "Remember me? I'm one of Yoongi's friends.", the person spoke again. Jimin looked at their face and shook his head slowly. "I was in the hospital room when you passed out.". Jimin was silent for a couple moments. "...Namjoon...", he muttered. "Yeah...how have you been?", Namjoon asked. Jimin didn't answer, he just shrugged. Everything was numb to him at this point. With the whole Jungkook thing, and Taehyung's funeral, he just wanted everything to be over.

"Wanna sit down?", Namjoon asked, walking past Jimin and standing at the end of a row. Jimin followed him and entered the pew, sitting down in the middle. Namjoon sat in the same pew, a foot away from him. As more people poured into the church, Jimin's eyes were fixated on the closed casket. He was told by the officer that there was a small chance that the casket would be open, considering the gruesome, discolored bruise around Taehyung's throat.

What surprised him though, was that a man in a black suit walked up to the casket and opened it. Immediately, Jimin raced out of the pew and walked up to it. "Sir, it's not time for the viewing ye-"

Jimin pushed past the man and knelt down beside the casket. His eyes immediately trailed up to Taehyung's neck. Jimin didn't know what he was expecting, but he definitely did not expect what he did see. There was a rough, dark blue bruise that persisted all the way around Taehyung's neck. It seemed more like an indent than something that sat on the top of his skin. Hastily burying his face into his hands, Jimin began to wail. All of the eyes of the people in the church were on him, his cries getting louder by the second. "Taehyung, I'm sorry! I'm so...so sorry!", he cried. Whispers began to fill the church.

Isn't he the one who was kidnapped?

Taehyung helped with the investegation.

Yeah I saw it on the news.

Poor kid...

And other things were passed around. Jimin could hear it all, every pitiful word directed towards him. He ignored it and continued crying his heart out until the funeral service actually started. He stood up and dusted off the knees of his pants, walking back to the pew Namjoon was in. As Namjoon saw him hang his head down, he felt like reaching a hand out to comfort the boy, but he quickly drew back as the eulogy started.

"Thank you all for coming...", a man spoke. Jimin's head darted up to look at the speaker. He had never seen the man before in his life...but he could swear he heard his voice somewhere before. Jimin looked over to see a soft smile on Namjoon's face as he looked at the man, one of admiration. Jimin reluctantly scooted closer to Namjoon, drawing his attention. "Do you know him?", Jimin whispered, sniffling immediately after. "He's my co-worker, Seokjin, a co-founder of our company.", Namjoon smiled. "He was Jungkook's boss..?", Jimin asked. Namjoon nodded slowly, not bothering to ask Jimin why he asked.

As Jimin thought more about it, he came to a conclusion he somewhat refused to believe. He really did hear that man's voice before. When he was in the parking lot of Bubble King, frightened to death when Jungkook noticed him. After he felt the sharp pinch in his neck, he became suddenly very weak. Before he could completely fall asleep, he heard the voice of who he thought was his attacker.