~The decorations~

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS PART 1

"HAPPY DECEMBER 1ST!!!" (wig I'm writing this on the 30th of November). Harry screamed as he walked into his office.
"Everyday, I pray I'll be transferred to another auror, but now I think I'll put it on my Christmas list," Draco muttered as he tried to refocus on his work.
"Aw I can feel the Christmas vibes seething off you," Harry laughed as he placed down two boxes that Draco hadn't realised he had been carrying.
"Got fired, Potter?" Draco asked as Harry moved things from shelves into the box.
"You wish! Nope just packing some things away and replacing a couple things." Harry replied, noticing Dracos joy at this.
"Oh thank Merlin! The more I come into this place, the angrier I get at your lack of taste." Draco exclaimed, jumping up and grabbing things he didn't like off of Harry's shelves.
"Um excuse me, but whose office is this that you seem to crash every morning? Put those down," Harry replied, grabbing his few treasured items. "I'm not redecorating forever, just for Christmas!" Draco groaned and opened the other box. Tacky decorations spilt out, sending glitter and bits of tinsel across Harry's floor.
"What? Dont you like Christmas?" Harry gasped, shocked that someone (even as cold as Draco Malfoy) could hate the most magical time of the year.
"Because it's tacky and pointless," Draco argued, suddenly becoming defensive. Harry, who had had a lot of training in interrogation, picked up on this immediately.
"Why?"
"None of your business Potter, are we gonna get on with your health check so I can get out of here?" Draco sighed, done with this conversation. Harry nodded, never noticing this side of Draco.

*HO HO HO HOES!!! Welcome to the first Christmassy time skip! This has already steered off from my plan, but hey ho (ho ho), I'll figure it out. OKAY NEXT MORNING*

Draco unlocked Harry's office and switched the light on, basking in the artificial light and the hum of magic running through the room. His tired eyes adjusted to the room and saw something that disgusted him; tacky Christmas decorations. The thing is, Draco loved Christmas. He loved the cold weather, the smell of a Christmas tree (a/n: mine doesn't smell and I'm concerned) and the decorations. But one of his biggest pet peeves, was when someone doesn't know how to decorate and Harry was one of those people. Clashes of colours flashed violently around the room, lining the shelves and desk that held cheap, glittery ornaments. Replacing the bin in the corner, was a large fake tree, adorned with cheesy decorations and tinsel that make Draco shudder. Where were the colour schemes and real tree? If Draco was to come in here every day, he would have to do something about this, so as quickly as he came, he left the office with a scheme in his head.

Half an hour later, Draco returned to the office with a box of his own. Inside was a collection of his own decorations, spares in case his normal ones broke or annoyed him. Slowly but surely, he'd make this office festive, but more importantly tasteful. He only had twenty minutes to begin his process, so quickly, he picked his first victim; the tinsel. Even though Draco hated tinsel, Harry would notice if it all disappeared. So instead of the rainbow, scraggly selection of tinsel Harry had thrown across the room, he replaced it with a silver one. Still ugly, but not as ugly. "Ron, just go with the elf outfit. You dont get red headed Santas!" Harry laughed, alerting Draco that he was coming. He grabbed the pile of gross tinsel and shoved it into the bin and under the desk.
"Happy Christmas eve times 24 my dear Malfoy," Harry sang as he came into the office but then suddenly stopped.
"Wh-at?" Draco stuttered, nervous that he would realise.
"Didn't I use my old rainbow tinsel? I dont even own silver," Harry replied. Shit shit shit.
"Uhhh no you brought it as the rainbow one was falling apart. Do I need to do a psychiatric examination on you this morning?" Draco replied paired with a fake laugh, looking down on the floor. As he looked down, he saw something catch his eye, a long string of rainbow. Double shit shit shit!!!
"Oh god, the Christmas madness has gotten to be already, what would I do without you?" Harry laughed as he admired the tinsel. Once Draco had turned away, Harry raised his eyebrow at Draco, sensing something was up, but went along with it.
"I did a good job, go me," Harry laughed. Draco smirked, mentally laughing at how dumb Harry could be. How was a successful auror this dumb?