~Howlers~

Draco didn't like meal times. It gave the younger slytherins an excuse to try and befriend him and Draco was so far away from his boyfriend, Harry. It's not like they completely ignored each other, but they couldn't speak due to them being on different sides of a gigantic hall, but one day, Harry had an idea.

It was a chilly breakfast and Draco was ignoring a first year nattering on about how his Father works in the ministry and sometime talks to Draco's father, but instead watched Harry's gorgeous owl fly into the hall. However, it didn't go to its owner, but fluttered down gracefully next to Draco. He stroked Hedwigs soft feathers and gave her the crusts of the toast he'd left to go cold. She trusted him and Draco loved this. "Here you go sweetie." He cooed as he passed her a piece of bacon, which she picked at politely.
"Holy shit that's a howler!" The irritating boy said to Draco. Draco glanced down at the envelope in front of him. What was Harry up to now? Quickly, his eyes flicked over to his beloved who was staring intently at him. Carefully and shakily, Draco opened the howler. It burst into a fit of shouting
"MALFOY YOU'RE A PRICK!" In a squeaky unknown voice before combusting. An audience of eyes were now staring at Draco, who sneered back at the ugly faces. Harry however, had exploded into a fit of laughter, only leaving Draco to scowl.

Harry followed Draco, who had stormed out the hallway.
"Fuck off Harry, I'm trying to be mad!" He said sternly.
"With poor, little, innocent me? Whatever did I do?" Harry gasped.
"I think you know what you did." Draco growled. Harry giggled, caught up with Draco and put his arms round his shoulders.
"You said you wanted a way to verbally communicate at breakfast and I provided one."
"Yeah jut a) that loudly? And b) a message like that?!" Draco protested, failing to stay mad at the beautiful boy who was now facing him.
"Well, I didn't think you'd like it if I said Draco Malfoy, I love you so much and your hair looks great today and I want to mess it up with my fists." Harry replied, making Draco blush.
"No but... I don't know!" Draco said before storming off into the slytherin common room.

The next morning Draco woke up way too early for his liking. He wanted and needed to get Harry back for his little prank yesterday. After getting dress in complete silence, he grabbed his Collection of personalised howlers and scribbled out his well thought message as his house awakened.
"Draco, I could hear you scribbling from the other side of the castle. You probably woke up your precious little potter." Beside groaned as he slid out of his bed.
"Good he deserves it." Draco spat before signing the howler and securing it shut.
"Awww someone's still annoyed at his message yesterday morning." Blaise cooed. "You'll be over it as soon as he sucks your dick or something."
"Hm probably. Im going down to breakfast, see
You there."

Much later, Harry was sluggishly following a talking Hermione down the stairs.
"Ooh harry, lover boy seems to be waiting for you." Ron teased which a light hit on the chest, pulling Harry out of is overly tired state. One glance at Draco and he felt entirely better. His almost white hair looked fluffy and Harry longed to stroke it.
"Draco." Harry said with a smile.
"Don't think I've forgiven you Potter." Draco replied with a smirk before strutting into the hall.
"Ooh someone's in the bad book." Hermione giggled before following Draco's shadow. Harry sighed, not sure what to do.

The owls swiftly glided into the great hall, everyone's eyes peering to see if theirs owl is among the flock above. Draco watched as hedwig swiftly landed on the Gryffindor table and placed the howler on Harry's arm. Whispers of confusing circled the trio and Harry looked right up to meet Draco. Draco acted confused, pretending to be so confused on why harry was staring at him over a letter. He watched hard. Nervously open it, his stomach doing loop de loops. Suddenly Draco's immaculate voice filled the hallway.
"THANK YOU SO MUCHHH FOR YOUR LETTER YESTERDAY HARRY! IT WAS REALLY WELL RECEIVED BY MY PEERS. ALSO I'D LIKE TO SAY THE MESSAGE IS KINDLY RETURNED AND YOU LOOK LIKE UTTER SHIT TODAY AS ALWAYS." Draco burst out into laughter with the majority of the hall, ignoring Harry's scowls. Even Hermione and Ron were giggling slightly! Students were starting to leave now, obviously over Draco's prank and focused on dreaded first lessons. Harry got up and stormed out of the hall, his friends trailing behind him. Draco rolled his eyes at his boyfriends dramatics and walked out after him.

"Harry!" He shouted after him. Harry turned but didn't stop walking. Draco grabbed his arm and steered him away from a group of first years he was about to collide with. "You can't be angry at me, it was simply revenge! What goes around comes around." Draco protested.
"I'm not angry. Just embarrassed." Harry whined, causing Draco to giggle.
"Paybacks a bitch. A beautiful blonde one."
"Harry, Draco, I would like to have a word." Mcgonagall said sternly as she ushered the boys to the side of the hallway. They were in trouble.
"I know you two have never seen eye to eye but your little insults for the past two mornings have been unacceptable. Foul language like that cannot be permitted, however it did cause a little joke so I will let it slide this time, anymore words like that and I will be forced to put you in a weeks detention! Now go to lessons." She disciplined.
"I guess that ends the howler war." Draco laughed.
"Hm." Harry only replied before smirking and walking away.

The next morning, Harry was down in the hall before anyone else. Dumbledore walked in to see a very sleep deprived Harry looking overly excited for a Tuesday morning.
"Harry, what are you doing here so early?" He asked.
"Oh morning professor! Just eager to eat!" Harry said extremely jittery. Dumbledore could practically see the caffeine emitting off his body. He smiled and quickly walked away, wandering what really could be causing Harry to be away so early. Then, Draco walked into the hall, looking a lot more rested than Harry did. He stopped in his steps and scowled at Harry, confused at how Harry had beaten him. However he didn't care as he walked down the empty hall to his usual seat at the head of the Slytherin table. He eyed Harry, who was jittering slightly in the corner. Why was he dating this mess?

The hall filled with students from all houses, a couple confused at the silent stand off between Harry and Draco. They were probably expecting more howlers and the boys weren't going to disappoint. Hermione and Ron walked in, looking like concerned parents at Harry, who was now laughing to himself. Draco also noticed Dumbledore taking interest into Harry's state, obviously concerned. Draco found it funny, but something wary floated in his stomach. This was weird behaviour for him.

The owls circled into the hall gracefully, landing next to their respected owners; all except for two. Harry's owl landed next to Draco and Draco's next to Harry. Both boys eyes darted to each other and smirked. They had the same plan. They took the howler and replaced it with whatever left over food was on their plates, the owls making noises of delight and content. Harry's eyes darted up to Draco's.
"On the count of three." Draco mouthed and Harry nodded slightly.
"3"
"2"
"1"
Intertwining voices raised over the noise of the students and a loud squeaky mess of adorations could be heard. The only bit that was audible the clearest was when they said in unison.
"AND OBVIOUSLY I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH MY SWEETUM PIE!" Both boys flushed a deep shade of red and laughter was heard echoing from every mouth in the hall. They had fucked up majorly...

A/n: I don't know what this one except for bad. IM SORRY!!! I have had a stressful month, mentally and physically and it has given me the worst writers block ever!!! I tried to write this other one shot but I just couldn't do it so I'm so sorry! I'll try and update more regularly now byeee
Ps: THANKS FOR 6k READS WHOA