Part One Hundred And Nine

Start from the beginning

The place was surprisingly crowded, filled with kids playing on the germy play equipments while parents and older siblings noshed on greasy burgers and soft floppy fries absent mindedly.

Wearing my hood since I wasn’t really in the mood to bump into fans, I made my up to the front counter, stopping in front of a bored looking guy who had more acne then  there were calories in the repulsive looking burgers behind him.

“Hi,” he greeted, scratching an itch dangerously close to the inside of his beak like nose.

“Hi,” I replied, politely, “Can I get two waters please?”

Scratching underneath his sweat soaked armpit, he nodded, punching buttons on his computer, before reaching under the counter and retrieving two bottled waters.

Thanking him I paid and was about to start for the door when I decided to make a pit stop at the bathrooms. Leaving the waters on the counter and telling the dude behind the counter I’d be back for them I made my towards the bathrooms however stopped, surprised at the sound of my name.

Realizing that it was coming from the other side of a tall booth, I stood, listening.

“This is stupid Quinn.”

“No, Mom please, I have to try and find them.”

“Why?”

“Because, I just…. I love them and I….”

“You don’t know them.”

“Yeah I know but…..”

“You need to do something productive other then waste your time obsessing over these boys.”

“Mom…..”

“They’re probably the reason you’re failing school!”

“What?”

“They dropped out didn’t they? You probably think it’s cool, the whole dark close emo look thing, they probably think it’s cool to be pathetic.”

“I’m pathetic?”

“I never said that.”

“Yes you did.”

“Mom, I could be out drinking with boyfriend full of piercings but no, I’m asking my Mom to take me to go find the band I love with me!”

“It’s stupid! You’re not going to meet them!”

“I might! Their hotel is like five minutes from here.”

“They wouldn’t let you in that hotel are you kidding! Those boys are rock stars in a band, and you, you’re big aspiration is hoping that book store calls you back for the job.”

Wincing, I contemplated leaving, however stayed.

“I don’t have anything else to do, I just sit at home, I don’t have friends, I have this band and…. I want to meet them, just once, this is my chan…..”

“They don’t want to meet you Quinn! They won’t like you, they’re not going to like some freak that cuts. No one will.”

Feeling sick, I listened as someone took in a sharp intake of breath, before hear a scuffing and a girl that couldn’t have been older then sixteen or seventeen, rounded the corner, her eyes filled with tears. Not even noticing I was there, she bowed her head and made a beeline for the bathroom.

Wanting to go around the booth and dump scalding hot liquid on the woman who had just shattered her daughters heart, I forced myself to turn away before I could say something I would regret, instead making my way to the hallway where the bathrooms were.