90

"You okay hun"? Ally's mom peaked her head up from chopping vegetables at the kitchen counter as I made my way down the long staircase. I half smiled with a nod, running my hand up and down my stomach.

"So I bought these today! Aren't they so cute"??! Ally popped around the corner, shoving a pair of little pink baby booties in my hand. I pulled myself up on of the stools attached to the island and shook my head at my best friend, with a smile of course.

I wasn't even remotely close to finding out the sex of my baby and Al had already boughten PINK booties.

"They are very cute Al, thank you" I thanked her as she sat next to me, pulling out her phone and scrolling through her messages with Ian. I looked away quickly, not wanting to see any mention of Shawn's name.

"So, how are we going to do this"? Als Mom asked, an eye brow raised at both of us but mostly me.

I rested my head in my hands, elbows on the counter.

"Doing what"? Ally replied back quickly, confused by the question. I was too but I had no energy to try and make conversation.

"Are we going to look at houses tomorrow"? She spoke softly, like we understood completely what she was talking about.

I lifted my head up.

"Houses"?

"Yes hun, Leo didn't speak with you both"? This time she stopped preparing dinner and spun around, her arms crossed, leaning her back against the sink.

Me and Ally looked at each other, then back at her mom quickly.

What did she mean houses?

"Oh goodness, what am I going to do with you girls"

"Mom! What are you talking about"? Ally was practically jumping out of her seat. We both had a very hopeful idea of what she meant but not quite.

"So me and Leo spoke and we think you girls are at that point to have your own place, especially Willow. You're young, but with this new life you're going to need stability and a roof over your head, your own roof. We have decided to help pick you girls out a home, we will pay the first year of rent and then you two can go from there. It will be your place but there WILL be rules. As much as we would love for you to all be here with us, me and Leo have been thinking of putting this home up for sale and moving to Florida in the U.S"

She spoke so fast but me and Ally caught every little word that left her lips. I was speechless, entirely speechless. I hadn't thought of getting my own place anytime soon but I did know in the back of my mind that soon I would have to figure it all out before baby came. But this soon? And my best friend as my roommate. Who got an offer like that? At 17 years old?

"Oh my god" I jumped out of my seat almost took fast, wrapping my arms around Debbie's neck and squeezing her over and over and over again.

"Thank you so so so much. I don't know where my life would be without you guys" She laughed, hugged me back tightly.

"Ally can you believe this? Our own place"! I turned around to share this excitement with my best friend but she no where to be found and as soon as me and Deb noticed, we heard the front door slam.

"What's up with her"? I asked, confused before I noticed Debbie's face. It was no longer happy, she looked sad.

"What's wrong"?

"I shouldn't have told her like that. I tried to make it all sound better with telling you girls about a new house but I knew... I knew she would be upset about this"

I didn't understand what she meant at first but then it hit me.

'Selling this house and moving to Florida'

Ally's family was up and leaving, her childhood home was going to be gone along with her parents. I felt like a terrible friend for not even realizing the effect this would have on her.

"I'll talk to her. Don't worry" I gave Deb another quick hug and then went for the front door, grabbing my car keys and jacket on the way out.

Well, Shawn's car keys. I had been using his car, since he had his truck.

......

"Come on pick up your phone" I blabbed to myself over and over again as I had failed on trying to reach Ally for the third time now, if I knew my best friend at all, I would know she was probably out getting drunk somewhere by now but the question was, where?

She wouldn't go to Ian's, Ally didn't like being around anyone when she was upset, she always isolated herself.

Maybe Nicks? He was always the alcohol supplier.

Maybe the beach? Would she go there to get some fresh air? Probably not.

I came to stop light and pulled my phone back up, scrolling through my messages until I found Ian's name.

To Ian:

Kinda a long shot but have u heard from Al within the last 20 mins?

I pressed send as soon as the light turned green and my foot pressed the gas pedal, heading straight on the road towards the high school.

Sometimes, when we were young, Ally and I would go into the woods behind the high school and sit on these two rocks, skipping class and just talking for what felt like forever, it was our own secret spot and we even carved our initials in the boulders. I wasn't a huge fan of the skipping class part but it was always a good time down there and I wondered if that was somewhere she would go.

Text from Ian:

Ah, no? Why? Everything ok?

Text to Ian:

Yeah. No worries.

Text from Ian:

Doesn't sound ok. Can u not keep things from me Will

I read his text out load, slowing coming up on the high school entrance and pulling into a parking space.

Text to Ian:

I'm not. Don't worry about it.

As soon as I clicked send I noticed far away voices, my window was cracked just a smudge, I closed my eyes just enough to see from a distance, noticing a black truck at the other end of the parking lot with a man standing next to it and a girl.

Wait a minute..

Was that...Shawn?