Never

Fred's POV

Three days. It's taken three days. The second task took place regardless of Ellie's disappearance, which made me not just mad, but livid. I couldn't believe they would go in with some stupid game when a student has disappeared right under our noses! The other four that had "gone missing" were really just in the Black Lake for the champions to find, and once they had all gotten back on their feet, Harry and I had told them about Ellie.

Hermione was angry at the professors for going on with the tournament, Ron was upset, Harry was also upset, and Cedric kept blaming himself. He said he had seen her just minutes before she went missing and that maybe he could've stopped it. We had to question him first about where he'd last seen her and then convince him it wasn't his fault.

Not even the Marauder's Map could find her. It's either she was no longer on school grounds or she was under some very powerful magic. Now, as I sat in the empty common room, only joined by Harry, Ron, Hermione and George, I stared at the Map, so confused as to how she couldn't be on it. She couldn't have left school grounds without being caught.

"Fred, you need to stop looking at that Map," Harry said. "It's going to ruin you."

"I don't care," I snapped, running a hand through my hair. "I can't find her anywhere. She has to be here, she just has to!"

"Fred, if she's not on there, then she's gone-"

"No she's not!" I yelled at Hermione, cutting her off. "Sorry, I just.... I just want to find her."

"And I know that," Hermione continued. She paused. "I just remembered something."

"What?"

"The Room of Requirement doesn't show up on the Marauder's Map, does it?" Hermione looked to everyone else.

"That's right," George said. "Fred and I did a prank in there one year and we didn't see ourselves on the Map."

"But why would she be in there?" I asked.

"If someone or something has her," Harry said. "What batter place to hide her than the place no one can enter unless they needed that specific thing?"

"And one that doesn't appear on the Map used by hardly anyone ever?" Ron added.

All of us rushed onto our feet, closing the map and throwing it in my back pocket underneath my robes, then hurrying out the common room door. We ran down the stairs in a huddled bunch, all of us knowing the way to the Room of Requirement. As soon as we got there, I stood in front of the others, closing my eyes and thinking of what I needed. The door appeared, allowing all of us inside.

Inside of the room, we found a large chest, one made of metal and covered in locks and silver patterns. I pointed my wand at the chest locks, reciting the word, "Alohamora." The locks clicked open, but before I had the chance to open it, Professor Moody rushed into the room, aiming his wand at us.

"Expeliarmus!" He took my wand, pointing his wand between everyone else, threatening to take theirs. "What are the five of you getting yourselves into now? This is a simple chest, there's nothing in there."

"Clearly there is, if I needed it," I replied sassily.

"What did you happen to need, Mr. Weasley?" Moody asked.

"My girlfriend. She's still missing. After three days." I told him.

"I tell you this, Weasley, she's not in there. Let me show you." Moody marched between us, leaning down and opening the chest after a tiny click was heard. He found open the lid to reveal a pile of clothes. Typical robes and scarves and books. A piece of my hope vanished. This isn't what I needed, why would the Room of Requirement do that? It couldn't, could it? Moody closed the chest after we had all gotten a good look at it and tossed me my wand back. "There's no one in there, Weasley. Back to class, all o' ya's!"

We scurried out of the room, the hope in our hearts deteriorating.