Winners

Freddie Ellie Weasley,

Your name means more to me, your uncles and your grandparents than you could ever know. I know you'll have hair just as fiery red as your father's, which is who you were named after. I loved him more than words can describe, and I hope that some day, you will find someone you can love just as I did.

I want only the best for you and your future family. I can count on you being a Gryffindor, as is the Weasley nature. But, it is your choice after all, so if you choose otherwise, you will make your own legacy. And I want you to make your own path, whether you choose Gryffindor or not. It is all what you want to do, because I can't stand in the way of what you want.

You will do great things someday, Freddie, I bet my life on it. You will make us proud and I know it. Make your own story, love. I'm sorry that your father, nd possibly me, are unable to be there to watch you board your first trip to Hogwarts, or graduate, or meet your first boyfriend. Just know we will be in your heart to see it.

I know that your Uncle George will always be there for you, taking care of you to the best of his ability. He and your father were the best of friends, they were twins, after all. He will always be there for you when you need him. He was the same way with me.

Your father died valiantly, and he was advanced by me and Draco Malfoy, a boy that I never liked, but did the right thing because he felt it was right. I hope you will meet him some day, because he not only killed the man who murdered your father, bit he saved your life, too. I want you to tell him, when or if you get to meet him, and if I'm not there to do it myself, that I thank him sincerely for his doing.

I love you with all of my person, Freddie. With all the love you can imagine and then some,

Mum
Elizabeth Hailey Baker-Weasley

***

I folded the letter up and put it in an envelope that was addressed to me unborn daughter. I had been expecting her to pop out any day now, and today was that day. Before my water had broken, I wrote that letter to her, knowing that one day, she'd be able to read it. George helped me figure out the name, and we had settled on Freddie Ellie Weasley. I loved it, and it commemorated Fred.

Days after I had her, I finally got to see George, and he finally got to see his first niece. He held her and promised to spoil her as much as possible. He and I were going to raise her together, because we had been dating for a few weeks. It was hard, trying to get through Fred's passing and being together so quickly, but we managed to work it out.

I left the house with George and Freddie for a walk one day, and we were just carrying on a casual conversation. We mostly talked about Fred, and how much we missed him. It helped, talking to another person about something you both had grieved about for so long. We had found peace with each other. I kissed George as a thank you for being here with me, and he smiled.

George continued walking along, pushing the baby stroller along the side of the road. We smiled at each other, finding that Freddie had fallen asleep. I looked to my left, admiring the beauty of the wizarding town of Godrick's Hollow. I noticed a person in a cloak, someone who I didn't recognize at the time, bit later learned was escaped-Death-Eater Lucius Malfoy. They suddenly pointed their wand at me and yelled, "AVADA KEDAVRA!"

"LIZZIE!" George shouted. He shot a spell at Lucius, who then disapperated. George one else on the ground next to me, the baby stroller at his side, Freddie having been woken up, now crying. "Liz, no. Not you too!"

The green light was the last thing I saw. I felt a peace wash over me as the green faded to white. I felt as if I were flying, and I opened my eyes, finding a teary eyed ginger in front of me, waiting with open arms.

"It's been too long, Ellie."

I walked over to him slowly and felt him warm arms embrace me, hugging my past husband. I hugged him back, grateful to finally be returned to him.

"I love you, Elizabeth."

"Fred Weasley, I love you more than you could ever even know."

T H E   E N D.