Ubiquity

Summer. It began with crying hugs from my parents, who also thought I had been dead for months. The first couple of weeks consisted of stories of my parents, from my parents, about how they had kept correspondents with Fred, as he had filled them in on his endless search and other events at school. They allowed me to read his letters, which allowed me to learn all that I'd missed. It was odd, reading those letters, learning everything I would've been a part of if I had been there, and not locked in a box in an office that many people visited, but no one ever noticing that I was trapped down there.

I even had to celebrate my birthday down there, and I read that Fred had visited the Quidditch tent, leaving a flower in there for me, and telling me happy birthday, even though I wasn't there. I almost cried, reading how he had done things without me that he had planned to do for me, and that he had expressed how much he had missed me to my parents. Once I had finally finished reading all of the letters, I had written one myself to Fred.

Dear Fred,

I read the letters you had sent to my parents over the months, about how much you wished we were together. I found them very touching, and nearly cried while reading a few of them. I'm glad to know that you care, and that you never gave up on me. I truly love you, for this, for everything.

I hope to make our last year at Hogwarts our best one, even with You-Know-Who on the loose now. We will be safe there, being together, and under the protection of Dumbledore. I once again want to tell you that I love you, and that I can't wait to see you again.

Sincerely yours,
Ellie

I gave the letter to Celestia, who immediately flew out the window with it, knowing exactly where to go. I leaned back in my chair at my desk, wondering what was next.

***

Summer break neared an end, faster than expected, but also way slower than I hoped for. But today, I will meet up with the Weasley's at Diagon Alley, and I would finally get to see Fred and George's joke shop. Well, not entirely, since it wasn't quite finished, but it was going to be amazing when it was done.

I said goodbye to my parents, telling them I would see them later, and stepped out of Mum's car. I knew how to drive, getting lessons and a license over summer break, which helped a great deal, but had Mum drive me over there because I would be going to the Order's headquarters until school started. I walked into the bar, getting greetings from all of the drinkers inside.

I walked past everyone and out the back door, tapping the bricks necessary with my wand. The bricks moved away, making a doorway for me. I walked through the magical place known as Diagon Alley. Witches and wizards were everywhere, walking through the shops that went as far as the eye could see. I made my way to Flourish & Blotts, knowing that's where the twins had told me to meet them.

I looked around for them, not seeing any familiar faces inside. I heard a quick snap from behind me, then felt a hand on each of my shoulders. I jumped, spinning around to see two smiling twins. "You guys! Just because you can use magic other than at school doesn't mean you have to use it to scare me like that!"

"We just thought it was funny," George laughed.

"And you can use magic too, you know," Fred added. "Your birthday is a week after ours."

"Well then, you'll pay for that one, Weasley," I said to Fred. I pulled out my wand and quickly chanted, "Legilimens!"

Inside of Fred's mind, I saw the memory of our kiss in the Quidditch tent, the nights he cried without me last school year, him seeing me on the night of the Yule Ball, and the first time I said "I love you" to him.

"Hey! Get out of my head, Ellie," Fred moved my wand away from pointing at him and smiled again. "Try this: Expelliarmus." Fred took my wand and ran off, followed by his twin. I sent my trunk and owl to 4 Grimauld Place before I arrived, so I didn't have to worry about it as I ran after the twins.

I chased them out of Diagon Alley, through The Leaky Cauldron, and down the ways past King's Cross Station. I caught them in the middle of an alley, and pinned Fred to the brick wall behind him. "Give me.... My wand."

"No," He said with a smirk, all three of us out of breath. He glanced from me, to George, then back to me.

"I said.... Give it back- Hey!" I yelled as George lifted me up by my stomach from behind me and walked me over to the opposite end of the alley. "Put me down! George, I swear!"

"Or what?" George asked as we were halfway to the end of the alley, Fred behind us, laughing.

"Or I won't get you any more Stalls cards," I threatened, knowing his favorite shop was Stalls. "Now put me down!"

"Okay, put her down, George!" Fred called to his brother.

"Never!" George denied his twin's request.

"Accio wand!" I said, my wand slipping from Fred's hand and flying into my own. "Relashio." George was forced to let go of me and I landed easily on my feet. "Ha. Point: Baker."

"Yeah right," The twins said at once. Then Fred said, "Let's go. Mum is expecting us at HQ in a few minutes," He looked up at the clock tower as it read 10:53 a.m.

I asked, "How do we get there?"