Out

Elizabeth's POV

Although my legs were weak from lack of proper food, I only managed to stay standing while holding onto Fred. He kept his arm around me while the professors helped get Moody out of the chest. After some conversation with the teachers about what all just happened, I had to try and convince them that I was okay. They knew that I was starved down there, having to split a piece of whatever scrap of food Barty gave to us once a week with Moody, but I denied their concerns and said I was okay.

"Are you sure you're alright, Ms. Baker?" Professor McGonagall asked me with a look of concern plastered on her face.

"Positive," I said with a slight nod. I took a step forward and stumbled, Fred grabbing onto me before I fell.

"Let's take you to Madam Pomfrey, Ellie," Fred said, sharing a look with me that meant he was serious. I sighed in agreement and Fred helped me walk to the hospital wing.

From there, Madam Pomfrey took care of it. I was given a bed and an IV bag, because apparently with all this magic available, we still need them, and I wasn't allowed out until the next day and after a few big meals. Fred was told to leave so I could get some proper sleep, which neither of us were a big fan of. He left reluctantly, but he could visit in the morning. After a bit of Daily Prophet reading, I set the paper down and fell asleep quickly.

***

I woke up in the brightly lit room I had fallen asleep in, to find all kinds of cards and candies on the table over my legs. I smiled, glad to know that people cared. I sat up and pulled the table towards me wondering who all gave me things. I found cards from Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Angelina, Alicia, and most everyone else in Gryffindor and the Quidditch teams. All of the cards had been paired with one or two different kinds of candies, most of them either being from Stalls or Honeydukes.

I opened a box of Honeydukes Chocolate and ate a piece. I absorbed the flavor of the chocolate, having missed out on it for so long. Madam Pomfrey spotted that I was awake and brought over a tray of food from the Great Hall. I put the chocolates down and ate every scrap if food on the tray. She took the empty tray back to the kitchen for it to be cleaned, and didn't return for a while. But while she was absent, I began to study for the O.W.L.s that I still had to take.

"Just got out of a chest and already studying?" I turned to face the doorway of the hospital wing to see a tall red-head boy standing there with a smile on his face. "Hey Ellie."

"Hey Freddie," I smiled back, setting down the O.W.L.s prep book I had been reading. "Finally get some sleep?"

"Yeah, finally," He asked, walking over to me and sitting in a chair next to the bed I was in. "Knowing that you're safe is all I need. Anyways, how 're you feeling?"

"Much better, now that you're here," I said honestly. I had missed seeing his face for months on end, and I was so happy to finally see him again. "I really missed you, Fred."

"I really missed you too," Fred replied. "I barely slept and I spent every second trying to find you. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. I didn't care whether you would want me to or not, I just did. I couldn't bare to live without you, El. I just want you to know that."

I took my hand and placed it on the side of his face, rubbing his cheek with my thumb. He looked to the floor for a moment, then looked back up to me. I smiled lightly, and he returned it. I didn't say anything, I didn't need to. He knew that my eyes were saying 'I love you.' Then he leaned in and kissed me softly.

"I missed you so much," He said in a low voice, his forehead against mine. "And I'm never letting you out of my sight again."