Too Cheesy

|| Louis' POV
Although his conversation with Clem had eased any direct worry Louis had, he still had an underlining fear of what the future held. Whether he admitted it or not, he saw Clem and A.J. as his family now, along with Violet, Tenn and Marlon. Although he made mistakes and wasn't here anymore, Marlon would always have a special place in his heart.

For the last day or so, he'd been debating letting Clem know exactly how much she and A.J. meant to him but every tike he planned a scenario in his head, it always ended up being either too cheesy or too cringe-y.

He wasn't sure of much. For example, he didn't know whether he'd die tomorrow, if they'd have a good filling meal for dinner or if hope for better days was a waste. But what he did know was that he loved both Clem and AJ. No less than he loved Marlon. More so in a different way.

So he woke up early that morning in order to complete his mission - obtain flowers (preferably orange). He spent the next hour collecting as many orange flowers he could find within the safe zone. He'd also found a short pierce of overly decade string which he decided to collect as well.

"What are you doing?" A highly judgmental voice sounded from behind Louis, causing him to hit his head on a low branch while picking yet another flower.

"Oh, Clementine! Nothing in particular. What are you doing?"

"Looking for you." Clementines face had a sudden look of worry and fear. "AJ's missing."

"What?"

"I can't find him anywhere." Clementines voice was full of panic as she held back tears.

"Hey, it's still early-"

"Just please, help me look for him."

"Yeah, yeah of course!"

The frantic search began. And although Louis was full of worry and adrenaline, it was short lived as he spotted the small child picking someone off of a walker.

"AJ!" Louis shouted, a little too loudly. "What are you-"

"Louis!" AJ ran into him for a hug. "I found this for you."

||Clem's POV

Soon enough, Clementine had returned to the school. Panic still fresh in her vains as her heart pumped dread and concern throughout her body. So overwhelmed she almost ignored the two figures which sat at the picnic table, laughing as the smaller one drew.

"A-AJ?"

Without a word, AJ ran toward her, but instead of engulfing her in a hug, he started dragging her further away from the table at which only Louis sat at now.

"I need to show you something! I think it's cool. It's a drawing. You like my drawings, right?" Clem opened her mouth to respond but AJ quickly interrupted, "Right!"

"AJ!"

"It's quite big - my biggest one yet! It took a lot of time and -"

"AJ!"

"I hope you like blue cuz there's a lot of blue in it-"

Clem tugged her arm out of AJ's grasp. "What are you doing!?"

"S-showing you my picture?" AJ responded in a fragile, questioning voice.

"I haven't seen you all day! I've had no idea where you've been. I've been worried sick!"

"Sorry..."

"Where were you!"

"I didn't go far! I found a room-"