Talking

||AJ's POV
Louis had been hanging in AJ and Clem's room a lot more recently. After dinner, AJ and Clem would walk back to their room and within the next 15 minutes, Louis would always knock on the door before walking in with a massive smile. It wasn't a problem for AJ. He liked Louis and Louis seemed to like him. He was actually really fun to play with and he seemed to enjoy his company. Usually, Louis would tuck AJ in before saying goodnight to him and Clem and leave to go back to his room. But this time it was different.

AJ had been sulking. He couldn't exactly remember why but that was besides the point. Louis and Clem had been talking for what felt like forever until they had suddenly gone silent. Slowly turning around in curiosity, he noticed they were both asleep... in the same bed. Clem's head was on Louis' chest and his arm wrapped around her back. His other hand was wrapped around hers.

AJ let out a sad sigh. He had prized himself in being 'too old for cuddles' yet Louis seemed to like cuddles and he was much much older! He hated to admit it but maybe Clem was right when she says 'no ones too old for snuggles'. AJ laid down suddenly feeling immensely guilty about all the times he had pushed away from one of Clem's hugs. He'd have to give her a big one in the morning.

~

Surprisingly, AJ had woken up much earlier than Clementine and Louis. They were in a similar position to where AJ saw them last night except Clem had rounded off a bit more and was wrapping her arm around Louis now.

Deciding not to wake them up, AJ left the room looking for Tenn who, conveniently, was sat outside, drawing.

"Morning Tenn!" AJ said, sitting opposite him.
"Oh, hi AJ."
"It's really early. And you're still drawing?"
"I like drawing. And I find that the more I do it, the better I get!"
"I wish I could be as good as you..." AJ muttered.
"Well," Tenn passed AJ a piece of paper and a few colours, "you can start practicing."

Willingly, AJ started drawing. We wasn't entirely sure what he wanted to draw. He tried really hard to focus on something but all he could think about was both Louis and Clem snuggling in bed together. So he drew that.

"I was wondering ," AJ said, remembering a question he had last night, "does Louis like cuddling with people in bed or is that just something he does with Clem?"
"I don't think he makes a habit out of it." Tenn said, scrunching his eyebrows. "He does it with Clem?"
"Apparently. I saw them last night."
"... Have you seen them kiss?" He asked, with fear planted on his face.
"No!" AJ said laughing, "that would be disgusting."
"Alright, that's fine then." He said, continuing his drawing with the return of his peaceful expression.
"Why?" AJ asked.
"I think that's how babies are made. I know Violet and Minnie couldn't have babies because they were both girls. Violet said if a boy and a girl want a baby, the have to kiss and stuff."
"What stuff?"
"I... don't know. It's probably snuggling though."
"I don't think Clem wants a baby..."
"Maybe she does. Babies are cute."
"She has me! She can't have another kid."

Tenn sighed before focusing all his concentration on him drawing. Following him, AJ focused on his and before long, he was done.

The drawing consisted of Clem (a stick figure with a cap and a small bunch of hair) and Louis (a slightly taller stick figure with short dreadlocks) hugging. The hug looked awkward and unnatural but AJ was proud with how it turned out. He was sure, with time, he'd maybe be as good as a drawer as Tenn.

"I'll be right back," AJ said, standing up. "I need to give this to Clem." He said, shaking the drawing in his hand.

||Clem's POV
A scratchy, deep sound had woken Clementine up. At first she was confused. But she quickly concluded the snores were coming from her, now official, boyfriend. They'd been together for a couple days now but it still shocked her.

Clem found it hard to hold back her smile. She couldn't deny how cute he looked with his mouth slightly open, hair a bit of a mess. But the snoring? Not so cute.

Well, maybe it was. Just a little...

Slowly, and carefully, Clementine got out of bed. She stretched slightly before noticing AJ wasn't tugged in his bed.

"Louis?" She said in panic, "Louis!" She was shaking him now, but still he only stirred in his sleep.
"W-wha-? Yeah?"
"AJ. Did you see him?"
"Heard him." He said with a yawn his words barely understandable.
"Heard him?"
"Yeah, he got up early."
Clementine straightened her back ready to go look for AJ.
"Hey." Louis said, gently grabbing her wrist. "Leave him. He wanted some alone time. Or time with Tenn. He's fine."
"I dunno, Louis, he always seems to - "
"Shhh." He slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes with the hand that wasn't still holding Clementine's wrist. "He's fine."
"Let me just check-"
Louis dramatically sighed. "Clem. Please. Relax for once."
"O-okay." She slowly sat down beside him. They were silent for a few seconds.
"I'm in your bed." Louis said.
"You are." Clem said, looking between them as if she hadn't noticed.
"Weird." He said, laughing before leaning in.

They'd kissed a few times now but it never got boring. They were always short and sweet. It was start with a little bit of shock mixed with excitement. Then passion. Only for about a second. A second where they realised they were actually kissing. And that realisation always seemed to cause one of them to laugh.

Clementine felt her lips start to curve. She tried her hardest to fight her urge but there was no success.

"Really?" Louis said, watching Clem as she was now in a fit of giggles. "I'm not that bad."
"I dunno." She said through muffled laughs. "You could do with some practice."
"I better get practicing then." He leaned in again, closing the gap and completely muffling her laugh with another kiss.

"Clem?" A voice said from the door.
"AJ!" Clem said jumping up from the bed.
"T-there you are! I was looking for you." Clementine now rushed over to him.
"You were kissing!" He said pointing at both of them.
"W-what? No!" Clem said with a nervous giggle.
"We were... talking." Louis said, awkwardly.
"No you weren't! You can't talk when your mouths are - "
"Where were you?" Clem said, changing the subject.
"I was with Tenn -"
"-Told you... - "Louis interrupted.
"-and I drew this for you." He wanted Clem his drawing.
"Wow..." Clem looked at the drawing. If was two figures - one with a hat strangely similar to hers and the other with dreads which also strangely resembled Louis- holding each other in a warm embrace. "W-where did you get the inspiration for this, goofball?"
"I saw you and Louis cuddling - " AJ gasped in horror. "Oh my gosh!" He was jumping now.
"What?" She asked in concern.
"You're gonna have a baby!! A BABY!"
"A what?" Louis said also now in horror.
AJ was panting from the amount he had jumped "Te-nn said - kiss - cuddle - BABIES."
Louis burst out laughing.
"I'm not having a baby, goofball."
"You're not?" AJ said,
"No, I'm not."
"Oh, okay! I'm gonna tell Tenn he has wrong about how babies are made." He turned and started to walk out the door.
"Erm, AJ?" He stopped and turned to face her. "Can you be a big boy and keep a secret?"
"Why?"
"Please AJ."
"Ookayy. What is it."
"Don't go telling people you say Louis and I... you know..."
"Kissing!" AJ shouted.
Clem clamped her mouth over AJ's. "No! We weren't kissing. Talking. Don't tell anyone we were talking, okay?"
AJ nod his head before clem dropped her arm. "Okay." Clem sighed.
"Thanks kiddo." Louis muttered, still sat on the bed.
"No problem!" AJ turned and practically slipped out the room.

"I'll... go?" Louis asked.
"Yes, just..."
"I'm going! I'm going!"

||Thanks for reading!!
Hope you enjoyed and sorry for the long wait. Also, next week I'll be in Paris for 5 days so there probably won't be an update next Friday-Tuesday. I'll try and pre-write a chapter or two to post then but just a heads up. Anyways, thanks for watching and see you next chapter 💞
Jess xo