Really Good Friends

||Louis' POV
"You know, now that I think about it, I'm really tired." Aasim said before speed walking away from Louis and Clem.
"You should have said so." She said in a voice so quiet he could barely hear her.
"Um.. what?"
"You should have said so." She stood up, "'cuz I think you're pretty cool too."
Before Louis had a chance to fully evaluate what she had said, she had already gone back inside, leaving Louis alone with only his thoughts.

||Clem's POV
Clem woke up the next morning with a smile on her face. As she rolled out of bed she looked at AJ who, thankfully, was still asleep. She quietly walked out of her room with one objective - find Louis.
She walked up the his room but before she could turn the door handle, she feels someone grab her shoulder.
"Not a good idea, Clem." She heard Violet say.
"Huh?" She said turning to face her.
"Don't fall into his trap. He's... uh how do I say this?... he's Louis, Clem."
"Oh, I'm just seeing if he's awake. I just need some help in the greenhouse."
"He's a boy. He's definitely still sleeping." Violet crossed her arms. "I'll help."
"Umm..." Truth be told, Clem didn't want Violet to help. Not because she didn't like Violet but because she had wanted to talk to Louis. "Yeah, sure I guess."

For the next hour, Violet and Clementine picked a few berries and removed a couple weeds but most of the time was spent talking. Clem has to admit that Violet, being both a girl and around the same age, was really nice and refreshing to talk too. Over time they had gotten closer and Violet's personality had really started to show.
"Could you give that basket of berries to Omar? I think we're pretty much done."
"Yeah, sure."
She picked up the basket and started left the greenhouse. As she turned the corner, she bumped into Louis who had held her shoulders to stop her falling into him and dropping all the berries.
"Hey." "Hey." They said at the same time, smiling.
"Oh, you've been working in the greenhouse?"
"Yeah, just giving these to Omar." she said indicating the basket.
"I can do it." He took the basket from her hands before she had any chance to refuse.
"Thanks."
"No problem." He turned around to start walking. "Actually...maybe you should join me. Just in case."
"Just in case what?"Clem questioned with a smirk.
"Just in case I-er- get lost?"
"Lost?"
"Lost in thought."
"Do you really think that much?"
"Yeah. Only about some things though."
And for a second or two, they gazed into each other's eyes. It wasn't for long but it was long enough to cause both of them to blush slightly.
"Let's get going then." She said while walking past him.
Louis caught up to her quickly. "How's your morning been."
"Tiring."
"Wish I could say the same. I had the best lie in."
"Oh, I know."
"You know?"
"I stopped off at your room to see if you'd want to help me in the greenhouse."
"I would have!"
"But you were asleep."
"Shoulda waked me."
"Should've gotten up earlier."
"From now on I will."
"We'll see."
Omar thanked them as they gave him the collected berries and made their way back to the greenhouse.
"Is that you,Clem?" Violet said from behind a bush as she heard the door close.
"Yeah. I'm with-"
"Me." Louis interrupted.
"W-what?" Violet was so shocked she dropped the shears she was holding and banged her head on an open window. "Phew, I expected you two to be holding hands or some shit."
"No." "No." They said at the same time while whipping their hands to themselves keeping a far distance from the others hand.
"Oh for fucks sake." Violet muttered. "Speaking at the same time now, too?"
"Coincidence." Clementine quickly replied before Louis could.
"Whatever. It's all done in here. Go do whatever."
Violet left the greenhouse leaving Clem and Louis alone.
"I wanna give you something." Louis said smiling.
"Oh. Okay."
"Follow me." Louis grabbed her wrist and gently dragged her to the outside of his room. "Wait here." He said smiling.
So she did. She stood, awkwardly yet excitedly outside his room. She waited a couple moments before he opened the door slowly, holding a small journal.
"I found this the other day and I'm not gonna use it. Could be good for - I don't know - writing things you don't want to talk about." He reaches his arm out for Clem to take it. "Or you can give it to AJ if you don't like it."
She took the book from his hands. "I love it." She said with a genuine smile.
"Really?"
"Yeah. Thank you." And she wrapped her arms around his body in a quick embrace.
"No problem."

They spent the rest of the day talking. Mainly about happy thoughts and funny memories. Before they knew it, it was dark and was time to eat dinner. Clem sat next to AJ and waited for the food that Louis had, so generously, offered to get for them.
"You seem happy again!" AJ said happily.
"Yeah. I feel it."
"Louis is happy again too."
"You think?"
"Mhm!"
Clem looked over at him. He did have a huge, annoyingly contagious, smile on.
"So that means you two are friends again, right?" AJ continued.
"You could say that..." Violet sniggered.
Clem glared at her.
"Yes AJ, we're friends. Really good friends."
"Good."

|| Thanks for reading!
Sooo this chapter is a little more gooey filled so I hope ya like it. The trailer for episode two came out today and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't even more excited for next Tuesday (if that's even possible). I have been thinking and I don't know whether I should end this story when the next episode comes out and start a new one based more around what happens in that episode or keep this one and start a new one (updates will have to be spread out between the two) so lemme know what you'd prefer. And, as always, thanks again for reading xoxo 💞