Hopefuls

Thank you so much for over 600 reads! I keep on meaning to thank y'all for the reads but we're passing milestones so quickly so thank you!!

||Louis' POV
"You sure you want it this short?"
"Yes Louis, just cut it."
"Okayyy..."
SNIP.
Clementine had asked Louis to cut her hair and, although at first he was against the idea, she had convinced him that she wasn't one of those girls who were super protective over their hair and she promised 'not to have a bitch-fit' about the finished result.
"You know, maybe I should cut it..."
"I've started now."
"Yeah, well god knows when you're gonna be finished at this rate."
"Fine..." Louis chopped the rest the hair she wanted gone as quickly as he could. "All done."
"Thanks."
"No problem."
Clementine grabbed her hair ties and put her hair into her signature pony tails.
"That's cute." Louis said with a slight laugh.
"Um... what?"
"That hairstyle."
"Oh, I've been doing this as long as I can remember."
"I like it." He smiled. "Didn't think I would but it suits you." He picked up her cap and put it on her head for her. "Not as much as this does though."
"Had this for as long as I can remember too. It was my dads."
"You've had it since the beginning?"
"Yeah..."
"And you haven't lost it?"
Clementine giggled slightly. "No, I have. Quite a few times actually. But I've always found it or someone's found it for me."
"Guess you two are like an inseparable pair."
"I guess so."
"Guess you could say we're an inseparable pair."
"Pushing it." She said, playfully pushing his shoulder before heading for his bedroom door. "Thanks again for the trim." She then left, closing the door softly behind her.
"Oh trust me, it was my pleasure." Louis muttered to himself before collapsing onto his bed and closing his eyes .

The last couple of days had been a struggle for Louis. He'd finally fully admitted his feelings for Clementine to himself, although it scared him, he felt better being honest with himself. But he wasn't entirely sure where he and her stood. They were more than friends - anyone could tell that - but they weren't officially more and this made it very difficult to know when he would be pushing boundaries. Of course he'd love to hold her hand as they walked to dinner, or give her a kiss goodnight after another one of their late night conversations, but he knew that would only confuse things more.

So he had resorted to, what Louis liked to call, hopefuls.

Hopefuls were when Louis would imagine Clem and him doing whatever he hoped they'd maybe do in real life together. Whether it's a simple hug or a full on, super duper, cheese filled, romantic, date.

But this 'hopeful' was different. It wasn't filled with love and happiness. But instead, Clem was angry. So angry, in fact, that her hair had seemed to hold electricity. Her face was flushed with rage. Her body slightly shook with fury. She addressed Louis as she screamed. He had no idea what he could have done to anger her this much but he didn't care. Because angry Clementine was so....

So...

So...

Hot.

He didn't know why but the passion and dedication in the way she held her self was extremely attractive.
But of course he'd never tell her that.

He opened his eyes with a slight smile on his face and left his room to help whomever needed him.

|| Violet's POV
While keeping watch from the wall of the school, Violet saw Clementine walking into the courtyard. She had a massive smile on her face and seemed to almost skip as she walked. She instinctively looked around for Louis. Those two had been very close recently - and she didn't like it. Love only ever led to heartbreak and she knew this first hand. Either Clem would wisen up and realise what an idiot Louis is, leaving him in a mess of self hatred and disbelief. Or, Louis would, well be Louis and totally muck things up. Violet wouldn't expect Clem to show any visible pain as she's been through so much already but it would be awkward as hell whenever they were near each other. So Clementine and Louis mustn't get together. For the benefit of everyone.

"Hey, Clem." Violet shouted down to her. "You doing anything?"
"Nope, need some help?"
"If you don't mind."
Clem nodded towards her and made her way up the wall.
"It's been pretty clear. Only the odd walker here and there." Violet informed.
"Okay, well that's good then. Lets hope it stays that w-"
"So... Louis..."
Clem choked as she sensed the sudden change in the conversation. "W-what about him."
"He's different with you. He doesn't make those stupid jokes or super cheesy flirts for you anymore. It's like he wants to be a nice guy."
"He is a nice guy."
Violet laughed. "I know you think that. That's why I wanted to talk to you."
"..."
"Don't do it Clem. I know you want to-" Clem opened her mouth to retort but Violet kept talking. "-but it's not a good idea. You know better than any of us not to get attached. Everyone dies Clem, I've made that mistake once already and I'd do anything to stop anyone from going through the same."
"I'm so sorry about the twins - you know that... but... but this is different."
"But it's not! You like him-"
"I don't know that!"
"- and he likes you."
"You're making assumptions."
"You need to make a choice and I recommend you stay away from him."
"We're friends, Vi. Just like you and me."
"Then maybe you should stay away from me too..."
Violet could tell that Clementine was lost for words as her mouth opened and closed multiple times in the search of something appropriate to say.
"I-I ... I'm gonna go find AJ." She then returned to the ground and walked, slowly and in an obvious deep thought, back to the school.

It was harsh, Violet knew that, but Clem had lost so much already. Having strong bonds only leaves them open to be broken - and having a relationship leaves your heart open to be broken. A feeling Violet hoped not to re-live.

||Thanks for reading!
I'm a little upset because last week I came up with the original idea of Louis cutting Clem's hair and I was so so excited to start writing about it but now I've read multiple fics that already use this idea so it's not so original anymore (whoops). But anyways, I hope you enjoyed! And don't worry - I have a clear picture of how I want Louis and Clem to come together and Violet trying to stop them is a huge part of it 😉. As always, thanks for reading.