Felt Safer

||Clem's POV
Clementine was walking down the corridor of the school on the way to the courtyard before she felt a hand wrap around her. She let out a little shriek of shock and panic that was muffled by the hand now covering her mouth before she was dragged into another room which she quickly identified as a storage cupboard. She struggled against her attacker until she felt quick, soft kisses lacing her neck.
"Louis!" She shouted before stopping her struggling.
"Shhh, don't want someone to hear." He said again he skin.
"You scared the shit out of me." She whisper shouted.
He pulled away from her to look her in the eyes. "Yeah, well... sorry?" He finished with a light giggle.
"Asshole." She said with a light tone and smile before pushing him off her.

The last couple weeks had been filled sneaking around and keeping out of sight. At first, it had been awkward and uncomfortable but they soon got used to each other and where their limits were. It was fun and definitely lifted the stress of Marcus still not returning off of them.

"Okay! Okay!" Louis said, raising his hands in surrender, "I'm done."
"We have things we have to do." She said with a smile.
"We better get going then."
Sighing and playfully rolling her eyes, Clem turned to open the door before. They both exited the room before starting a light conversation on as they continued to the courtyard but were stopped by Ruby.

"Hey Clem, I was wondering if you were free for a minute?" She said, obviously hesitant.
"Uh... yeah, what's up?"
"Away from him." She said, eyeing Louis.
"I get it, my company's not wanted." Louis started walking away from the girls.
"See you in a bit Louis." Clem called after him in a mock tone.
"Or maybe you won't." He said with a wink before disappearing to the courtyard.

"That's what I need help with!" Ruby said, seeming much more relaxed.
"What, exactly?"
"Don't tell anyone I said anything but Aasim has been ... weird..."
"Weird?"
"Weird! All stutter-y and that." Clementine looked at her confused, edging her to continue. "Well.. Louis used to be like that. Around you, I mean. I just need to know what you did to make him... well... normal?"
"I haven't done anything. He just got more comfortable I guess." Clem said, slowly.
"Oh come on Clem! What's the big secret." She said jokingly while nudging Clem's shoulder. "What d'you do? Kiss him or something?"
"No!" Clem said defensively ignoring the sudden heat in her face.
"Totally joking!" She said smiling, before it suddenly dropped into a serious face. "Wait..." Clem gulped and she saw Ruby's face concentrate. "Did you... have you..."
"No?" Clem said slowly. "I don't know what you're talking about..."
"Of course you don't." Ruby said, smiling again. "I'm being stupid."

Ruby continued her joyous rant about Aasim and what she thought about him. She went on and on and, to be completely honest, Clementine was getting rather bored. She did, however, notice her smile had dropped again.

"I don't like him do I? I was so sure I didn't but I-I don't know!"
"And nor do I. Sorry Ruby, gotta go."

Clem walked out to the courtyard feeling an almost instant chill as she did so. She saw AJ and Tenn drawing at a table as Mitch was on lookout, ignoring whatever Willy was shouting up at him. The sun was starting to set and Clem hoped that Omar was almost done with dinner.

"I'm scared. I don't want to lie but this wait is killing me." Violet's voice suddenly said from beside Clem.
"Don't tell any one I said this but... me too." Clem sighed.
"Marcus should have been here by now! I hate to think he's plotting something."
"He seemed adamant about not having many people."
"Even more reason for him to come back and take more of us." Violet looked down to her shoes.
"He thinks it's just me and Louis here. He won't expect what we have planned." Clementine said optimistically.
"I guess you're right. We still have to be careful."
"Always-"

Clem was cut off by a sudden gun shot. The origin wasn't known until there was a blood curdling scream from Willy.
"Nooo!"

"What the fuck!" Violet said before a loud thump hit the ground - Mitch had been shot, right in the head, before tumbling to the ground.
Clementine quickly comprehended what was going on. "Shit, get everyone ready."

She quickly got her bow, checked the kids, AJ, Tenn and Willy, were safe under cover and ran towards Louis. "It's time..." she said.
"Mitch... he's just- " Clem stared at him sternly. Louis sighed. "I'd say we're ready." He said confidently.
"Just... don't die... please."
Louis gave her a sympathetic look. "Only if you don't."
They both climbed the ladder to the watch tower before aiming their bows at Marcus - after Clem's help, Louis had gotten much more confident with using his bow.

"You said you didn't want to kill." Clementine said with disgust.
"You said it was just you and - shit what was your name? - Louis! You said it was just you and Louis." He said smugly. "He was an intruder. Why do you care? You should be thanking me. Unless... you knew him?"
Clem scouted the area. There weren't a lot of people there - 5 at most. They could easily take them out.
"You're late." Clementine said. "Very late, actually. We were anxious for your return."
"We had... a situation. Lost a few more people - "
Louis let out a laugh. "Your group doesn't seem to have the best of luck."
Marcus glared at him "- even more reason for new recruits."
"We wish you the best of luck since you haven't found any new additions here."
"I really think - "
"Fuck this..." Louis muttered.

Before she had time to react, she watch an arrow shoot from Louis' bow, hitting Marcus directly in the head. Louis had pounced onto Clem pushing them both safely behind a barrier located on the watch tower.
"Shit, Marcus!"
"Not again! Not a-fucking-gain!"
"I told you this was a fucked idea!"
"We should just leave."

The shouts from the unknown bandits continued. Clem was panting in shook with Louis still on top of her from pushing her to safety.
"Shh, it's alright." Louis whispered.
Clem nodded. "They don't want to hurt us, they're scared."
"Exactly."

"We should head back."
"What the fuck are we gonna do back there!?"
"We promised we'd bring people!"
"We can't go back empty handed and with Marcus dead."

Before long, the conversation went quiet. Louis slowly poked his head above the barrier.
"They're gone." He said confidently.

Clem quickly held him in a tight embrace.

"You're so lucky, Louis... if you missed..."

She felt him return her hug. She sighed into his chest and could positively say she'd never felt safer then she did in his arms right now.

"...M-Mitch..." Louis whimpered.
"I know..." she said, empathetically.

|| Thanks for reading!!
Hope you enjoyed! I have quite a big maths exam next week which I'm gonna need to revise for this weekend so the next update will be soon but idk when. I also have a French writing exam but I'm failing French so idc lmao. Anyways, hope you lot had a nice week and I hope you have a nice weekend. See you next chapter xxxx