Hands Down

|| AJ's POV
Both Clem and AJ had decided to wake up early to tidy their room. To be quite honest, it was a mess. Drawings that both AJ and Tenn have drawn we're scattered across the floor. Toys were hanging from the bunk beds and clothes that had been found while scavenging sat in a messy pile ready to be sorted.
"Come on goofball, it's time to start cleaning."
"But I don't wanna!"
"Tidy and then we can have a big breakfast, how does that sound?"
"Mh." AJ crosses his arms and faced his back towards her.
"AJ, come on! I don't want to do it either but we have to at some point."
"No!"
"AJ! I'm being serious you better-"
A harsh knock on the door interrupted her.
"Who could that be?" She muttered to herself as she approached the door.
"Hey!" An overly happy Louis said with a wide grin.
"Hi? What are you doing here?"
"Not happy to see me?"
Clementine glared at him.
"Okay! Okay! I was just walking around and heard you two were awake."
"Anddd?"
"I knocked."
"You did."
"And now I'm asking if you want to get breakfast. Together, I mean." Louis held the back of his head as he said this.
"Yes. I mean, sure, why not?"
"Does that mean we don't have to tidy?" AJ said hopefully.
"No, goofball," Clem faced him, "we'll do it straight after breakfast, okay?"
"Okayyy." He said sadly.
"And I'll help!" Louis chirped in.
"You will?" "You will?" Both Clem and AJ said at the same time, however AJ was more excited and Clem was more sceptical.
"You bet! Breakfast first though, I'll give you a second." Louis closed the door unexpectedly leaving Clem still facing the now closed door.
"A-alright, breakfast time."
"Let's go!" AJ said jumping about.
"One second..." Clem started re-tying her hair and adjusted her clothes. AJ had never seen Clem do this before. It was weird. So AJ copied - he ruffled his hair and pulled his jeans up.
"Okay, lets go - what are you doing?" Clem said, hand on her hip.
"What you're doing."
"I wasn't doing that."
"You were!"
Clem's face turned red before turning around and exiting the room. AJ followed behind her.

As they walked out to the courtyard, AJ could see the sun rising. The sky was still slightly pink and golden and it was a little bit cold as the sun hadn't fully risen.
They saw Louis wave over at them as he sat on a bench with three bowls.

AJ ran towards Louis taking the seat right next to him. Sighing, Clementine walked towards the two and sat opposite them. Louis gave both AJ and Clem a bowl of hot porridge.
"Bon appetit."
"Bon ap-tit?" AJ said, confused.
"Bon a-pp-e-tit." Clem corrected.
"It's French. 'Enjoy your meal'." Louis said in an overly thick French accent.
"Woah." Clementine laughed, "that's really bad."
"Oh, and you can do better?" He teased.
"Probably not."
"Critical and honest."
She shook her head and started eating.
"How about you, little man? How's your morning?" Said Louis
"Horrible," AJ exaggerated, "I have to tidy."
"Aw, well it's gonna be a lot more fun with me, won't it?"Louis smirked.
"Yeah!"
"Oh, so I'm not fun?" Clem said.
"Not as fun as Louis."
"We can fix that though, can't we?" Louis said.
Clem glared at them both. "Let's just get started."
AJ and Louis watched as Clem walked back inside.
AJ sighed "Why is she so - "
"Boring?" "Perfect" They said at the same time.
"Perfect?" AJ questioned, "what is that supposed to mean?"
"She's cool."
"I know."
"...yeah..."
"Eww, do you love her?"
"What? No!" Louis said quickly.
"Okay, good." AJ followed after Clem.

|| Louis' POV
Louis piled all three bowls and placed them in the middle of the table to clean later. On his way back to Clem's room, he heard shouting.
"AJ! Come down!"
"No!"
"You're gonna hurt yourself!"
"Am not!"
Louis opened the door to see AJ hanging from the top bunk with Clementine holding him, stopping him from falling.
"Woah, hey, don't do that." Louis said picking up AJ and putting him on the floor, "Not cool, little man." He patted AJ's head. "It's actually super dangerous."
"But it's fun."
"AJ, you need to start listening." Clem said, her arms crossed.
Her brows were slightly stiffened and her whole body screamed authority.
"What?" Clem asked.
Louis hadn't noticed he'd been staring at her and was instantly pulled out of his trance. "Uh, nothing. Let's get tidying."

For around the next hour, the three of them tidied and cleaned non-stop. It was filled was laughter, jokes and a few awkward moments which were easily covered up by AJ doing something silly.

When they had finished, AJ asked if he could go and see if Tenn was awake.
"Okayy, but if he's still asleep, come straight back."
"Okay! Thanks, Clem."
"I mean it AJ, don't wake him up."
AJ nodded and ran outside of the room.

Louis collapsed onto Clem's bed in exhaustion.
"Glad that's over." He said.
"Yeah, thanks for the help."
"Any time." He moves up on the bed patting the new space beside him. Clem sat down.
"He's really bad at listening now. When we were on the road, he thought that if he didn't listen to me, we'd die. Now he thinks he's safe and doesn't need to listen. It's so... infuriating..."
"Hey, don't beat yourself up about it. He's a kid - their speciality is not to listen."
"He needs to grow out of it..." she said.
"No, he doesn't." Clem looked at him, confused. "Not yet anyway. Loosen up, have some fun. Laugh for once."
"I do laugh!"
"Not enough."
"Whatever..."
"See! That's what I mean!"
After a few seconds silence, he pounced on her, tickling her stomach making her erupt in laughter.
"What are you -? Hahaha! L-Louis stop- Haha!"
"Not until you understand why a good laugh is important."
"I mean it Louis!"
"No!"
Before he had time to react, Clem had slammed into Louis, knocking both of them on the floor before Clem had pinned him on the floor holding his hands down above his head.
"I said stop." She said with a smile.
"Okay! Okay!" Louis said struggling under her. "Jeez! You're too strong for your own good!"
Just then, the door opened revealing an extremely shocked Violet. Instinctively, Clem shot up and Louis stumbled to his feet.
"You have got to be fucking kidding me..." Violet muttered as she rolled her eyes.

||Thanks for reading!
I feel like this chapter is really shitty but I guess it's just reflecting my mood as I'm still shocked about telltale shutting down. Let's all stay positive and hope that Clementine's story gets the ending it deserves. This series deserves so much more than an abrupt, premature ending - especially for the amount of years everyone has been following the story.
Anyways, on a more positive note, thanks for reading and see you in the next chapter 💞