The Stars Above

If you haven't played/watched episode 2 yet, very slight spoilers!
||Louis' POV
Louis had asked Clem to teach him how to properly shoot a bow. Marlon had try to teach him multiple times but he'd never had a real passion in learning. But of course, when Clem had offered to teach him after he'd complimented her skills the other day, he couldn't say no.
"You have to pull it all the way back." Clem said laughing.
"I am!" Louis said straining.
"Pull it like this."
Clem got behind Louis placing her hands on top of his. She pulled the bow back as far as it could go.
"I was doing that..." Louis muttered.
"And release.... now!" Clementine said, ignoring his comment.
"Bulls eye!" Louis shouted.
"Almost bulls eye." Clem laughed.
"This is much harder than it looks."
"It is."
"How did you learn? To shoot a bow I mean."
"Dunno, just picked it up along the way I guess."
"So many natural talents." Louis winked.
"So I've been told."
"By who?!" Louis said, defensively.
"No one you don't know..." Clementine said, playing onto his protectiveness.
"Who?... it's Aasim, wasn't it?"
"Nope, you." Clem said sitting down on a nearby bench. "Multiple times, actually."
"Well... gotta give credit where credits due." Louis said, joining her.
"Well, if we're playing that game... you're really funny." Clem said, followed by a sceptical face from Louis.
"Okay, well I like your smile. A lot. Maybe that's why I like making you laugh so much."
"Well I like your hair. A lot. AJ won't stop talking about wanting to get his hair 'exactly like yours'."
"I like your nose."
"M-my what?"
"Your nose. The best nose I've ever seen actually."
It was true. He did love her nose. Her eyes. Her hair. Her lips. And Louis had never thought he'd have the opportunity to say so.
"Oh, okay... I guess you've seen a lot of noses." Clem muttered.
"Too many to count."
Neither of them had noticed they were ever so slowly leaning in to each other.
"I like your - "
"Louis! Clem? Where are you?"
Violet's distant voice had snapped them back to reality and when they had noticed how close they were to each other, they jumped up.
"I gotta um..." Louis stuttered.
"Find Violet..." Clem finished.
"Yeah, same."
"Okay."
"Good."
"There you two are." Violet said while walking towards them. She stopped for a second smiling knowingly at them both. "Busy?"
"No!" "No!" They said at the same time.
"Riiiiight." She opened her mouth to speak before closing it again as if she'd come up with an idea. "Night watch. Both of you." She smiled one more time before returning to where she had come from.
"See you later." Clem said practically running back to her room before Louis could respond.
"Yeah, bye." Louis said to himself.

||Clem's POV
Clem entered her room panting. She was overwhelmed with happiness, excitement and ... confusion? She was so lost in her gaze that she hadn't noticed AJ staring and her from his bed, worried.
"Clem?"
"AJ!" Clementine jumped. "I thought you'd be with Tenn?"
"He wanted some alone time." He said grumpily. "I respected that."
"Good." Clementine walked over to her bed and sat facing AJ.
"Why do you look like that?" He asked.
"Like what?"
"You're red."
"I just ran."
"Uh-uh, when you run you turn purple."
"No I don't!"
"How would you know? You can't see your own face."
"Whatever." AJ laughed. "What?"
"You sound like me and I sound like you."
"That's stupid."
"See! I'd say something like that. And you'd say something like 'it's only stupid if you think it is.'"
"Okay okay! I get it. I'm - I don't know what I am?"
"Are you sad?"
"No, definitely not sad."
"So you're happy?"
"I guess, I don't know what about though..."
"Maybe Louis."
"Louis?" Clem said shocked.
"Yeah. He makes you happy a lot."
"He does?"
"Oh yeah! All the time."
"And you know this because..."
"You smile a lot when he comes and he smiles a lot when you come."
There was a knock at the door.
"Who is it?" Clem said.
"It's me. Oh, um Louis."
"See! You're smiling!" AJ said pointing at her.
"Whatever." Clem said while she got up to answer the door. "Hey." She said when she answered.
"Hey." He replied with a smile. "Um, you ready? It's getting dark."
"Right, yeah. AJ?" Clem called behind her. But when she looked she realised he was already asleep. "
"Totally pooped." Louis whispered.
"Mhm. Better get going."

They walked out together. As they reached the ladder Louis had offered for Clem to climb first. 'So I can catch you if needs be' he said while winking. But when they reached the top they had sat down in silence, gazing at the stars above.
"Ain't this romantic?" Louis said sarcastically.
"Yeah." Clem said without really thinking.
"Wait - really?" Louis said shocked turning his head to face her.
"Mhmm." She said before placing her head on his shoulder. "I never really learnt about stars. They're pretty though. Especially that one." She said pointing at an especially bright star.
"They say the brightest stars are planets. Might be another species point at us riiiight now." He said
"They're probably living a happy, walker-free life."
"I'm happy. And there's walkers about."
Clementine took her head off his shoulder to look at him - how could he be happy? After everything that's happened? He wasn't smiling but nor was she. They were far too focused on each others eyes to do so.
"Like your freckles." Clem muttered.
"What?" Louis whispered.
"The stars are like your freckles."
They both leaned in to each other until their lips met. The kiss was sort and light but sparked fireworks which shone as bright as the stars above them. As they parted, their eyes opened.
"Holy shit." Louis whispered in shock.
"I know right?" Clem whispered smiling.

||Thank you for reading!
I wrote the beginning part of this story on Monday and when I played episode two on Tuesday (I found time to play it yesterday whoop whoop!) I almost laughed in the scene where (spoiler alert!!!) Clementine and Louis were practising with Marlon's bow as it was so close to what I was writing! Also, you can probably notice the kiss at the end of highly inspired by Clementine and Violet's kiss in episode two because, although I don't ship them, that scene was cute as fuckkk. Episode two was amazing btw. Annnd I think I am going to stick to this fanfic. I might start another based around episode two but I don't know if I'd be able to handing two, frequently updating stories. Anyways, thank you for reading and if you want to chat about episode two, comment because I really wanna talk about it hehe. Okay bye 👋🏼.