Chapter 9

Regina and I are sitting on the couch together eating our pizza and watching a movie. We're watching "Pretty Woman" it's one our favorites, we've seen it who knows how many times so we are chatting about some of the things Kat had told Regina earlier when they spoke. Kathyrn said she should start the prenatal vitamins now, along with a healthy diet, no alcohol, (so basically cut out all the fun stuff).  I think that to myself. I don't think Gina would find it that funny. She continues on saying Kat told her to call Monday to set up an appointment for about 4 to 5 weeks from now. " Why so far away?" I asked surprised. " Because thats when women usually have there first prenatal exam to check blood pressure, my weight, draw some blood to run tests, do a breast exam as well as a cervical exam among other things that need to be done and discussed ". "Wow " I say out loud, followed by a chuckle from Regina. "Yes" she says " it's a lot to take in, but that's what needs to be done if we want a healthy baby". I smile and say "that's all I want, for you both to be healthy". She smiles and kisses my lips. I love my wife and I already love our little...... hmm. I guess I'll just go with baby. I was going to say little pea or little bean, but I think it's to early for it to that size right?  Oh boy, I need to start reading parenting books fast. Gina's got me beat as far as that, but now it's time for me to step it up if I'm going to do everything I can to help my wife and our baby. I'm in my thoughts for a bit when I see a hand moving in front of my eyes. I blink coming out of my head and Regina giggles and asks "where did you just go my love ?"  "I was just thinking I need to do some book shopping on amazon soon, I want to be here for you and our baby and I can't do that if I have no clue of what to expect." I kiss her, and hold her face, rubbing my thumbs over her cheeks. " I love you Regina and I want to do right by you in every way I can. I want you to feel like you can count on me every step of the way. Before and after the baby is born ".  I kiss her lips again and sit back a little. I see some tears start to form in her eyes. Oh no, I didn't mean to make her cry. "Gina I'm sorry. Please don't cry. I love you so much. Don't cry baby ". "It's ok Emma, it's ok. These are very happy tears". She kisses my lips. "I love you to Emma, and I know I can count on you. I feel I always can no matter what. I have a feeling that me and our baby will never want for anything ". I kiss her again then we just hold each other tight. I kiss the top of her head and say "Never Gina, you and our baby and our future babies will never go without. I promise. Our kids will never have to live though what we did ". I just stop there because this supposed to be a happy moment for us. We can talk about our pasts and our fears about them another time. I pull out of our hug and notice the movie is long since over. I laugh and look at Regina "I'm so glad we decided to WATCH that one aren't you ?"  We both laugh. It's a little after 11 now so we just shut the tv off and clean up. I check the doors and windows like I do every night and we head up to our room, holding hands as we climb the stairs. We wash up, brush our teeth then head to bed. She gets in and I snuggle right behind her. I wrap my arms around her kiss her cheek and we both start to drift off to a peaceful sleep.