NINETEEN: A Few Weeks Later

Start from the beginning

As days turned into nights; for weeks, the echo of the witch's threat would ricochet in my mind and leave me on the verge of tears but I couldn't cry anymore. I reckon, it was because of my own betrayal that had me slipping through the cracks of an inevitable demise. One particular Sunday after my shift at the health centre I felt dejected yet again. Especially after I recalled the smug look Mr. Hannez had given me throughout the day, each time he came to drop off a new patient. It was as though he knew a secret I didn't and he was laughing at my cross. On my way up the stairs from the hallway I passed by a family portrait of the Victrollis. Amongst five faces in it, it was Brady's that caught my undivided attention.

"He does look majestic doesn't he?"

"Alpha Victrolli," Despite living in the same quarters I didn't run into him or his wife often. "I'm sorry. Am I in your way?" I bowed slightly, moving closer to the walls so he would pass through freely, but he seemed glued to his spot as he stared at the portrait I was looking at.

"Don't worry; I was coming to find you anyway." his eyes left the portrait and faced me. I quickly averted my gaze to my feet and he spoke through it. "Me and the rest of the blue bloods will be out today on some business. Fear not, I'll make sure you'll be guarded from the outside. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything but before I go. Eyes on me, I'd like to confirm something."

With trepidation, I looked up at him.

His facial expression remained stoic but there was a visible click to his jaw that made a silly sort of discomfort stream through my veins, because I wondered what the issue with my eyes was.  Throughout the day, back at the health centre, patients had been mentioning something about the pigmentation of my eyes that day. Occupied with duties and used to mounts of judgement I hadn't obsessed over it but after the Alpha's discomfort I couldn't wait to go to my room and check what the issue was. Suddenly gaining back his composure the Alpha, cleared his throat to speak. "Whatever my son did. I apologize and I pray you forgive him, I can't imagine how much you're suffering as well. It's not fair to either of you son."

He didn't wait for my reply. He just left me with the thought of Brady on my mind.

Brady...

My heart clenched so tightly I thought it would rip itself out from my chest. To alleviate the pain I had to run circles over my chest as I tried so deeply to remind myself of all the past hurts Brady had inflicted on me. None of it worked, instead a sharp and painful shiver slithered down my throat. I trotted away from the portrait, hurrying back to my room. Frustration ran through my veins and that shiver travelled from my heart at lighting speed and settled in my stomach. Where it sat circling and mounting with the exciting residue feeling of Brady's hands on me. I decidedly took my shirt off to cool down and closed my eyes as I lay on the cold floor. Counting sheep in an effort to fix the problem that was rising down south. 

Needless to say that didn't work because as soon as I closed my eyes, smoking hot images of Brady's striking gaze on me haunted me. Fading echoes of his voice bounced off in my memories to leave me in a thrall of passion that demanded attention. My memories were fresh with the time I'd almost let him have me. My body also remembered with clarity to the bone, the way his hands and body had felt on me. Before I knew it I was flat and horizontal, my back on the floor daydreaming a thousand squared make believe scenarios. Where in each of them I ended up naked; twitching, sweaty and under Brady's strong, firm naked body in thick passion. Perplexed by the enticement my body seemed to be slipping under, I checked the date on my phone screen to confirm my suspicions.  

First I saw my eyes on the screen, they were a regular swirl of different but deeper shades I was used to. Then, after, I saw the date and my suspicions were confirmed.