26

There was silence as my siblings absorbed my words. Then the door opened, revealing Esther.
"Mother?" Rebekah gasped as she walked straight over to Niklaus.
"Look at me!" She demanded, as Nik avoided her eyes. "Do you know why I am here?"
"You're here to kill me." He said and I sped in front of him protectively.
"Niklaus, you are my son and I am here to forgive you. I want us to be a family again." She lied.
"Didn't you try to kill Elena so you could ruin his life, just under a month ago?" I asked her.
"Amity, my darling."
"I am not your darling." I hissed at her, my eyes flashing. I calmed myself down before I had any magical accidents.
"Amity!" Rebekah said. "This is what you wanted. You wanted your family back."
"She is not my family. And she hasn't been in a millennium. See I like Mikael more than I like her, and I really don't like Mikael."
"Maybe the two of us should talk, Amity?" Esther asked.
"Sure, and then we can bring Mikael back from the dead, be one big happy family."
"Amity-"
"When we were human, I tolerated you, because I would not abandon my siblings and all you ever did was hurt us."
"You know I never meant-"
"I am never going to forgive you. Do you remember what you said when Benji turned three? You wanted me to give up, just as you already gave up. And then you ripped me from my son and husband before Benji was even ten. I have magic that I shouldn't because of you."
"Aren't you the least bit happy to have magic?" Rebekah asked.
"You'd think so, but it's more of a curse." I shook my head and walked away. "I'm going to get some air. Nobody wait up for me."
"I'll go after her." Finn volunteered and ran after me. "Ami."
"What, Finn? What? There is no way I am going in there and pretending she's a good person. Maybe it's time everyone knows. Finn, she promised her sister the firstborn for future generations. She gave Freya away as though she were something to bargain. She told me to give up on Benji because Dahlia would get him. But Abraham and I managed to find a spell to keep him safe. She never tried for us. And she bound Nik's werewolf side, bound half of him, just as we felt when we had no more magic. Do you remember how you and Kol mourned? When we lost our connection to nature. That must have been how it felt for him, and with his emotions heightened more than the rest of us, it's no wonder he went mad trying to break it. In her spell, Esther used the blood of innocents making sure the only way Nik could retrieve his werewolf side would be with the blood of innocents. Then she manipulated a girl who only wanted her brother to kill Elena so that Nik wouldn't be able to make any hybrids. She keeps cursing him because she grew bored of Mikael and spent time with the wolves. How is that fair? And let us not get started on her decision to turn us, even after she knew I was with child. How am I supposed to call family a woman who has done all that?"
"It's been a thousand years."
"She manipulated the girl less than a moon ago. And I don't care if it's been ten thousand. She killed my child, and she ripped me away from my husband and son."
"I think it's time to forgive her."
"Dahlia's alive, you know? Freya too. So you can cozy up to mother all you want, just as you always did. I'm going to figure out how to save our sister. Go on, choose mother knowing all she did."
"The last time you tried to save Freya, you almost went mad."
"I'm already mad, so I suppose this won't make too much of a difference."
"I'll see you."
"I wouldn't be too sure." I sped away.

*third person*

Finn sped back into the house.
"Where is she?"
"It's not pretty." He said. "She's right, mother. All you've ever done is ruin her life."
"I never wanted to."
"I know. She'll come around."
"I doubt it. She ripped Mikael's heart out. And then she helped me kill him, and she seems to hate you more than she hated him." Niklaus said.
"Yes, well I made some mistakes."
"That's an understatement." Niklaus walked away.

Meanwhile Amity went to Amira's apartment.
"Hello," Amira greeted.
"Hi." Amity sniffled.
"Oh my god you're crying. Are you okay?"
"I'm going to be fine. I need you to lay low, to get out of town."
"Why?"
"My mother's back. Esther."
"I thought she was dead."
"She was. It's a long story, but seeing as my family has always suffered at her hand, I want you to go. Be safe."
"What about you?"
"There's this place I used to go to. There's some magic I have to do and research."
"Why don't I stay with you?"
"This is one spell I never want you to know about."
"Why not?"
"Just trust me, okay? Just let me do this."
"Fine."
"I'll call you if and when it's safe to come back."
"Fine." Amira sighed. "I'm happy I got to finally find you."
"As am I. You've made me so unbelievably happy. Don't stop being you, darling. Okay?" Amira gave Amity a tight hug.