6

I woke up in a small white bed. Next to me was Elena. A man was lifting her out.
"What- what are you doing?" I asked him, ready to get out of bed and help Elena.
"Who are you?"
"Who are you?" I replied.
"I'm Damon Salvatore."
"Oh you're the brother Stefan was saving." I laid back down. "I'm an original. Keep her safe, Damon Salvatore." He looked at me before rushing out. I sat up and got out of the bed, and walked outside. Niklaus was there, leaning on a wall.
"How are you feeling, sister?"
"I need Finn." I said. "I really need Finn, Niklaus."
"Well, he's not here right now, so why don't you talk to me? I'm not Finn, or Elijah or Rebekah for that matter, but you're my sister, and I do care about you."
"When mother killed me, I was with child. She'd confirmed it that night. I was only two moons- two months along. And when father stabbed us that night, he murdered my baby. She was going to be a little girl. And Mikael killed her. I lost my magic, because a vampire cannot be a witch, but my baby had magic even in the womb. That magic transferred to me, seeing as she wouldn't ever be born. So nature gave me my child's magic, as a constant reminder that I would be alive while my baby died, Nik. I couldn't handle it, so mother performed a spell to bind my magic. I suppose she must have linked it to your curse, so when you broke it, you unbound my magic. I don't want it, Nik. I can't have it. It's worse now. After a century of wandering around, dealing with losing my baby, and nine centuries of torment, I've learned to live with the knowledge that my baby is gone."
"I'm so sorry, sister." He took a step towards me and wrapped his arms around me. I leaned in, sobbing my heart out.
"Esther didn't want to bind my magic, but when she found out about what I wanted to do, planned on trying to do, she decided binding my powers would be the best choice, and Mikael didn't know so he couldn't protest."

*1001 AD*

"If you ever loved me, you would help me." Abraham froze.
"Amity, no. It is precisely because I love you that I cannot take your life. I love you, my queen. You cannot ask me to possibly-"
"Abraham, I was with child." I cut him off. "I was with child and, in turning me, my father killed her. Benji would have had a baby sister, and now I just have a dead child in my womb. Abraham, I beg you. End my nightmare. I do not wish to spend centuries wandering the earth, with the power of my dead baby. I can do what magic she should have been able to do. Abraham, please. End my nightmare."
"Oh my love," he stepped out from the threshold, cupping my face. "I really am truly sorry for what has befallen you, but I can't bring myself to do it. I can't bring myself to kill you. And I could never hurt you that way."
"Abraham, my love."
"I'm sorry, my queen. Just know, I do love you and always will." He took a step back into the house, and closed the door.

*Back to present*

"I remember that you asked him to kill you. I didn't know he refused. I just thought he had failed."
"No, he refused to. He told his mother that I could still do magic and Ayana approached Esther who bound my magic. And at that point in time, it was worse, because though I was suffering I still had a part of my child. Esther tore that away from me. She left me completely alone."
"We didn't know. I am so sorry, sister. You didn't deserve what our parents put us through. More than us all, you didn't deserve it."
"Well, there is nothing we can do about that, now."
"I'm leaving town. I would ask you to come with me, but I know you want to stay, so I will leave Rebekah with you, okay?"
"Where are you going?"
"Stefan's brother- he said they've found Mikael. We got the better of him and he's been desiccated for years. I don't believe they really have him, but I'm going to go make some hybrids. Build an army to defend our family."
"Don't turn anyone without their volition, Nik."
"I won't, sister. I promise."
"Thank you. Where can I stay, while I'm here?"
"I'll send Stefan to come pick you up, okay?"
"Nik, you didn't compel him to-"
"Yes I did. He has no humanity and he's got to do what I say."
"Niklaus! His mind isn't yours to toy with."
"He'll be here shortly, but I have to go, sister. I will see you soon. I hope all goes well with befriending the witch and the doppelgänger." He kissed my forehead and walked away. I shook my head, and waited. Soon enough Stefan came to me.
"Come on, your brother says I've gotta make sure you're okay."
"Are you okay, Stefan?" I asked him, concerned.
"How sweet that you care."
"Just because you have no humanity and are forced to do what my brother says, doesn't mean you can't be kind or respectful."
"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "So what was with the mental breakdown earlier?"
"I guess my brother breaking his curse broke mine. Difference is, I didn't want mine broken."
"So what, you can do magic?"
"Guess so."
"Come on, you can stay over at the boarding house. So how old were you when you turned?" He started walking, and I followed.
"I was twenty eight."
"You look eighteen." He scoffed.
"Thank you." I smirked.
"So Bonnie's your great granddaughter?"
"I guess. Did you tell her?"
"I figured you might want to be the one to break the news to her."
"Thanks."
"So you're older than Klaus, but younger than Elijah?"
"I'm older than Elijah too. Finn is my twin. We had an older sister, Freya, but she died before Elijah was born."
"I'm sorry."
"She died when I was three. I don't really remember most of my life at that point, but I remember Freya. She wasn't much older than us so we were all the closest of friends."
"I can't imagine the pain of losing a sibling."
"It's one of the worst feelings in the world."
"You lost another sibling, didn't you? Elijah said-"
"Yeah, Henrik. He was the youngest. We lost the oldest and the youngest."