5

We were back in Mystic Falls. I'd fallen asleep in the truck, but by the time I'd woken up, Niklaus was gone. I got out of the truck, only to see Rebekah angry.
"Consider me jealous." She said sticking a crow bar into his stomach, then snapping his neck.
"Oh, Bekah." I said sympathetically.
"I'm fine." She shrugged. I pulled out the crowbar.
"Where's Niklaus?"
"He's gone ahead to the high school. It's where the doppelgänger is."
"Come on. Before he kills her, or something!" I said. She nodded and sped away and I followed. Once we got to the school, we separated. I went to find Niklaus, while Rebekah gathered Elena's friends. I listened for Niklaus and found my way.
"Bonnie, get out of here!" I heard someone yell. I sped in to see Niklaus rushing at her and intercepted him.
"No, Niklaus. Stop."
"Luckily for you, my sister refuses to let me kill you." Niklaus smirked.
"Nik, come on. You couldn't let this one thing go?"
"I just want to know why I can't turn my hybrids."
"Obviously Esther left something out. Killing anyone solves nothing. Is that why you snuck away? To try kill innocents before I woke up?"
"Perhaps."
"Enough is enough, Niklaus. You will not kill these children."
"I make no promises, sister." He glared. "Now move out of my way."
"I will not allow you to harm her."
"She's not Benji." I slapped him for the second time.
"Don't you dare, Niklaus." I glared at him.
"This is my sister, Amity. Amity, Bonnie, Elena, oh and of course Chad and Dana. The two of you can sit and relax." He called to the girl standing on one leg. They both sat on the ground where they were. He peered around me at Bonnie and a blonde guy standing next to her. "I assume you're the reason Elena's still walking around alive?"
"That's right. If you want to blame someone, blame me." She stood straight, unflinching.
"Oh, there's no need for blame, love. Just your witchy interference seems to have caused some undesirable side effects. And since you caused the problem, I'm going to have you find the fix." He ordered. Rebekah walked in with another boy.
"Get off of me!" He struggled.
"Hush now." She said.
"I'd like you all to meet my other sister Rebekah. Word of warning, she can be quite mean."
"Don't be an ass."
"Bekah, what are you doing?"
"He's a werewolf."
"Niklaus, no!" I took a step forward.
"Sorry sister." He said and all went black.

By the time I'd woken up again, only Stefan and Elena were in the gym with me. The two kids- Dana and Chad were dead. I stood up quickly, massaging my neck slightly.
"What happened?"
"Who are you?" Elena asked.
"She's an original, but she's not like her siblings." Stefan explained. "She's a good person. Amity, your brother compelled me. When that timer gets to zero I have to kill Elena. You have to help us."
"Of course. I will protect her."
"Thanks." He gave a small smile.
"But I don't appreciate the way you tried to toy with my sister." I looked at him sternly.
"I'm sorry." He apologised. The clock counted down to zero. I picked up Elena and started running with her. She would have gotten away on her own. Once we were far enough I set her down.
"You need to find your friends. I'm going to distract Stefan when he comes this way. I won't kill him, but you have to run." I told her. She nodded and ran off. Soon Stefan was in front of me.
"Where is she?"
"You don't need to concern yourself with that. Hopefully she's with Bonnie or Caroline. They can protect her a little more." I said, before focusing and listening for them. "Damn it, Niklaus got her." I left and ran to them.
"Sister. You're awake. I suppose I have you to thank, for Stefan not killing her?"
"Niklaus, don't. You will not kill her."
"We'll see." Stefan tried to run at Elena, but got a broom and snapped it in half, staking himself in the stomach. My brother looked at him. "Now this is fascinating. I've never seen this before. The only thing stronger than your craving for blood is your love for this one girl. Why don't you turn it off?"
"No, Niklaus!" I stood in front of Stefan.
"You're on his side?"
"What you're planning on doing is just wrong. You can't use compulsion all the time."
"He's not your friend."
"He's not your toy. I said no!" I raised my hands and a wave of energy expelled from me, pushing Niklaus away. "Oh no. No no no. Oh no. This, this isn't right, no!"
"Ami?" Niklaus stops and sped over to me. "What just happened?"
"No, this didn't happen. It- it wasn't me. It couldn't have been me. No, no, no." I fell to the ground clenching my hands.
"Ami, what is it?" I looked at him, crying.
"Nik, it wasn't me. It couldn't have been me." I shook my head. Niklaus took that opportunity to snap my neck a second time for that night.