15

"Benji. Was he okay?"
"He missed his mother terribly."
"But he was happy, right? He grew up and he was happy."
"Yes, he was." Abraham nodded.
"Good."
"You would have been proud of him, you know. He was strong and skilled. Smart and compassionate. All the things you were and more."
"Who did he marry?"
"You remember the Ericsons? They had a daughter."
"Astrid."
"Yes. They married when he turned twenty two summers and had three children."
"I'm glad. I really am."
"I'm sorry to have pushed you away. I shouldn't have."
"It's okay. You were doing what was best for our son."
"He hated me for several moons after that night. He blamed me. And then he found a letter in your parents old home. A letter written by you."
"I wasn't sure if he'd ever find it."
"What you said in that letter, it's more than I deserve."
"I meant every word, Abraham." I told him sincerely, before looking ahead of us. "What is this place?"
"The Grill." He said. "People come here to spend time together."
"Okay." I shrugged and entered. I looked around, to see Rebekah. "Oh look! Rebekah!"
"Let us go greet her, my love." He smiled and I led him over to her.
"Rebekah."
"Amity! I wasn't sure if you were ever going to talk to me again."
"I'm still quite cross with you, but look." I gestured at Abraham.
"Abraham?" She looked to next confused. "But how is it possible?"
"There was a spell. He'll be gone by tonight."
"It really is you?" Rebekah asked before getting off her chair and enveloping him in a hug.
"Hello, little one." He hugged her back.
"As much as I would love to spend time with you, you're only here for a day, and it's only right the two of you spend the day together." Rebekah took a step back. "It really is good to see you, Abraham, even if you did break my sister's heart."
"Rebekah!" I scolded.
"I don't care what you say, the fact remains that he did hurt you, no matter his intentions. And he should be glad Niklaus is in Portland and that the rest of our brothers are daggered in boxes, and not here. I like you Abraham, you were another brother, but you hurt my sister. You kept her away from her son. She was another victim to our parents but you treated her like the villain. And that is something I can never forgive, even if she does claim you weren't at fault."
"Okay, we're just going to go away from here." I led Abraham away, glaring at my sister. She sped in front of us, slapping Abraham across the face, quite harshly, throwing him across a table. "Rebekah!"
"He deserves more." She walked back to where she was sitting as I helped Abraham up.
"She's right."
"Come on!" I shook my head, leading him out. "I'm sorry."
"She's right." He repeated. "I deserve worse."
"No, you don't."
"You were in pain."
"My pain is but a fraction compared to the relief I feel that our son led a good life, that my family's darkness hadn't tainted him. That he had a happy life. There's no greater gift than that."
"You were never evil. No matter what, tell me you know what. Tell me you know you are not evil, no matter what anyone says."
"I believe evil is a relative term, Abraham." I shrugged.
"You are the purest thing to walk this Earth." He cupped my cheeks staring into my eyes.
"That I am not, my love." I shook my head.
"Yes you are. You are kind, and generous. You are beautiful and smart. You are compassionate beyond words, and loving and caring."
"I love you." I raised my lips to his and held him to me. I didn't know if I'd ever get the chance to say these words to him again. "I love you. I love you. I love you." I muttered into the kiss. Whether he heard me or could just tell what I was saying, I didn't know. But I repeated it anyways.

We made it to the Salvatore boarding house. I figured he'd be safe from Rebekah there. We talked. He told me of Benji's adventures, of who would have been my grandchildren; Amity, Amira and Adam. Benji had named one of his children after me. Soon we stopped talking. We were under the covers when someone walked into my room. I squealed and hid under the covers.
"Who are you?" I heard Damon Salvatore sneer.
"Get out, Damon!" I called.
"Oh. He's with you, Amity?" He said, not leaving and I let out a sigh.
"Get out, Damon Salvatore."
"Oh, don't you worry, it's nothing new. If you have anything new, you should probably get it checked out." I could feel Abraham ready to stand and pulled him back into bed.
"Get out!"
"Alright, alright! I'm going." I heard his receding footsteps. I peeked out from under the covers. He'd left the door wide open. I flicked my wrist and it slammed closed.
"I'm sorry." I whispered and Abraham shook his head.
"It isn't your fault. Who is he?"
"When Niklaus left town, he set me up with a place to stay. Here, seeing as he compelled Damon's brother to do whatever he said. I suppose he believes there's no place safer. His brother also once courted Rebekah." I ran my hand through Abraham's hair.
"And you? Has anyone else ever courted you?"
"No. I do not want another. Abraham, for nine centuries, my family has kept Finn and I daggered. But no matter what time passes, I will always love you. There will never be another."
"Don't- don't say that. Because if ever you find someone else, I want you to move on. I want you to open yourself to the possibility of a second love."
"Have you courted anyone? After I left?"
"No. I couldn't bring myself to find anyone else."
"I feel the same way, but you can't stay on the other side forever, my love. You must let go. I have no idea how long I am to be on this earth. Don't condemn yourself to an eternity wandering when you can find peace for yourself."
"I love you." He kisses my forehead.
"And I love you." I sat up.
"It's time." He said solemnly.
"I will always love you." Tears started falling down my cheeks. "My king."
"And I will always love you. My Queen." He laughed and I couldn't help but laugh along with him. "Goodbye, my love."
"Goodbye." I half sobbed half laughed, but he'd already faded. I fell back into my bed, now crying at the loss of my husband once more.