Chapter 20: Out.

I sighed as I propped my body up against the cold brick wall. I was tired, super hungry, and terribly bored. I'm actually surprised we're all still alive. The door opened and our familynapper came in.

"Lets make a deal." He cut straight to the chase.

"You give me four million and some change and I'll let all of you go." The man proposed.

"Deal." My stepfather blurted out.

My mother glared at the man as he went to shake my stepfather's hand. My mother kicked his hand away making the man yelp.

"Why you b-"

"Shut up." My mother spat, clearly annoyed.

"You better be grateful that I'm even making a deal with you people. I could've sold you guys to one of the guys I knew for 2 million." The man chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and sighed once more.

"Can you please get us something to eat?" I groaned.

"Whatever." The man shrugged and left.

An hour and a half later the man came back with a bag that said "McDonalds". He took the cuffs off of us, dropped the bag with the food in it and also another bag, ran out the door, and then locked it. I searched through the back in disgust.

"What is this trash?" I scoffed.

"Bahja I thought you learned your lesson about stubbornness." My mother looked at me.

"I did. But stubbornness has nothing to do with this. This food is trash and I refuse to eat it." I crossed my arms.

"Are you hungry?" My mother asked.

"Yes but I'm not going to eat that trash right there. I want REAL food." I snarled.

"Then I guess you're not hungry yet." My mother simply said.

Fifteen minutes flew by and the food that sat in front of me started taunting me and I gave in. I began to chow down the food savoring every taste/chew. I looked over at my mother who was looking down at her food but had a huge smirk on her face. When I was finished with my food I threw the trash in the bag he had given us before he left and sat back on the cold brick wall. Boredom striked me once more. In the corner of my eye I spotted a rock in the corner. I grabbed it and began to draw on the ground. I drew Blue, my mom, my stepdad, and me all smiling like we in one of my favorite family picture we took a few months back. Soon I began to grow bored again. Then something plumped on the ground. It was one of the bricks from the wall. The wall was so old that it was falling apart brick by brick. But something slid through the brick. It was a newspaper. I looked back at my parents who were knocked out. I slid over to the newspaper and read the title.

"BEYONCE AND FAMILY GONE MISSING???"

I opened up the newspaper and began to read. Half of the stuff was made up in here which is not surprising. I rolled my eyes before tucking the newspaper under my arm and crawling toward the wall. I took the wall down brick by brick, making enough space for us to escape. I then shook my parents awake. They gasped and we all quickly ran through. I placed the bricks back so they wouldn't know how we escaped and where we went. My mother, father, and I began running through the dark path until we found a light. It looks like someone had already broken the wall down from the outside. I built the wall back up as soon we got outside.

"Keep quiet guys." I tell them as we crept into the forest.

It felt like we were walking for hours. Until we reached a city. But this was surely not NYC. We all took a break from running. While my mother and father talked, I didn't say anything. I was too confused. Who had helped us escape?