Chapter 8: Yes, No, Maybe...

I decided not to text Zonnique. I wasn't ready for a friendship just yet...I had to better myself first. One person I did text was Manny. He said that he would be over in a jiffy and to put the latch in the door. As I walked inside the kitchen I saw my mother fly pass me and out the door. She probably was late for another show. I shrugged it off and continued to rummage through my refrigerator for food. 

"Hungry much?" I heard a voice behind me. I leaned up and Manny was holding a container of Thai food. 

"I love you so much!" I cheesed while squeezing him to death. 

"Bahja my love for you is farther than the moon." Manny smiled. I was speechless so I just grabbed my container and sat at the dinner table. Manny sat in front of me and popped open his Thai food lid. 

"You don't know how much I missed you and this food!" I chewed slowly so I could savor the moment. 

"What do you mean?" Manny chuckled. 

"My mother made me eat salad and Panini's all day." I giggled. 

"Feel bad for you." Manny shoved the fork in his mouth. After we finished eating we threw our empty containers in the trash can and sat on the couch. Manny put on Aladdin: The King Of Thieves and we cuddled. Manny and I weren't really a couple officially. We just attached to each other and went with that. Manny kissed my forehead, pulled me closer, and held onto me tighter. In his arm was the best place for me to be right now. 

"Bahja you not even watching the movie. You examining me." Manny chuckled. 

"You're just so perfect..." I cracked a small smile. 

"Me perfect? Oh no no sweetie! You're PERFECT!" Manny said in a goofy voice. I blushed and hid my face. 

"Uncover that beautiful, perfect, lovable face of yours." Manny moved my hands out of the way. 

"Manny why don't you have a girlfriend yet? You're such a gentleman." I asked. 

"Because I don't want no other girl but you." Manny had a strict posture and tone. 

"I-uhm I-I don't know about that Man Man." I called him Blue's nickname for him.

"Why not Beejah?" Manny teased.

"Because...I don't know." I sighed in frustration. 

"Okay then let me prove to you that I'm worth dating." Manny stood up. 

"What?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Let me take you on a date." Manny put on his shoes. 

"Manny you know I can't go out there without security...well I can't go out there period but it would be worse if I went out there without security." I poked out my bottom lip. 

"Who said we were going out? I'll pick you up at eight tomorrow! Don't call, text, or Face-Time me until then!" Manny rushed out the door. Did he just basically cut off all communication between us until tomorrow? Yeah this is not going to work out for me. I dragged myself into my room and slid under the covers. It was time to Save get some shut eye and that's a major point right now. 

My pink colored room was lite up by the morning sun. Blue Ivy sat on top of me giggling and sobbing all over me. Cute but very disgusting. I picked up Blue and sat her on the other side of the bed. How'd she even get in my room anyway? I looked on the floor and Cali was sleeping in her extra bed. So both of them invaded my room? I found this amusing yet shocking. I carefully got out the bed making sure not to step on a sleeping Cali. I quickly got into the steaming hot shower and then hurried to do my after shower routine. My true decision is instead of sending a text to Zonnique maybe I could go over her house. I laced up my black Doc Martens and put my IPhone in my black Chanel purse I got from my step-father for my fifteenth birthday. I actually really worked hard for this purse right here. I opened my room door and Blue followed me into the living room. 

"Ma, daddy, I'm going to Zonnique's house?" I yelled. 

"You're what?" My mother said looking out from the bathroom where she was brushing her teeth. 

"I'm going to Zonnique's house." I said proudly. My mother gave me a bright smile and a thumbs up. 

"Tell Tameka I said hi." My mother said before closing the door back. 

"Have fun B-dawg." My step-father said walking out the kitchen with his arms full of snacks. 

"I'll try...see you guys later! Love y'all." I said walking out the door and into the car. 

"To Zonnique's house Fred!" I chanted. I really hope this goes as planned because if not...let's not think negative.