Chapter 17: Friendships (Pt.2)

The whole drive to Zonnique's house irritated me. I surely did not want to talk to Zonnique. At first I thought we were really cool and best friends until she posted a tweet on Twitter that she was still dating Manny and how happy they were. Once we got to Zonnique's house we all got out the car and my mother knocked on the door. Tiny opened the door and let us all in.

"How are you Bey?" Tiny asked closing the door behind us.

"I'm good Tiny what about you?" My mother smiled.

"Holding up. Getting tired of these children." Tiny laughed.

"I know that's right." My mother said looking at me.

When my mother turned back to Tiny, I rolled my eyes.

"Is Nique home?" My mother asked.

"Yeah she's upstairs. She's been kind of upset all day though." Tiny frowned.

"We thought so too." My father finally said something.

"Bahja wanted to come here and see what was wrong. Isn't that right Bahj?" My mother turned back to me.

"Actua-"

"See she agrees." My mother cut me off.

"Well she's right upstairs Bahj." Tiny pointed to the staircase.

I trudged pass my mother and slowly made my way up the stair case. Zonnique's door was closed.

"Mom her door is closed." I said going back down the stairs.

"Is it locked?" Tiny asked.

"I don't know..." I sighed.

"Well open the door Bahja." My mother caught an attitude.

I snailed my way back up the stairs and opened Zonnique's door to see her laying down on her bed, looking up at the ceiling.

"Bahj?" Nique looked at me frowning.

"My mother made me come and check on you." I snarled.

"Bahj I didn't tweet that! My twitter was hacked by somebody! I swear!" Zonnique got up.

"Here! I'll show you the tweets the person has been posting all day." Zonnique turned on her phone and showed me the tweets.

"Who hacked you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know. I think it was Manny or he hired a hacker..." Zonnique said Manny's name like he was some demon.

"He's so...irritating." I plopped on Nique's bed.

"I would've hoped he would have left us alone since my pops threatned him and all but no." Nique plopped right next to me.

"Manny doesn't care. As long as he gets to us he won't stop." I shook my head.

"Then we have to tell my father." Nique stood up again.

"No Zonnique. It's not that serious. Manny wouldn't harm us bad. Just in little ways to mess with us. I'm not even sure if he really hacked your Twitter." I said.

"Well someone did." Nique crossed her arms.

"But the thing is, we don't know who that someone is yet. So let's just be patient and try to recover your Twitter. Maybe Manny isn't bothering us and we're just paranoid." I shrugged.

"You're right." Nique said.

"We'll recover your Twitter later. Let's get something to eat, I didn't even get to eat dessert." I laughed.

"Bahja you're so greedy." Zonnique laughed along with me.